Radio Memory

rwatts1205

Reaction score
My radio loses its memory (settings, radio presets, etc) every time I turn off the boat each day. My dealer says the Bennington does not run a direct power for radio memory. Every time I use my boat I have to re-program all radio settings and station presets. How can this be correct?

Radio will have a red and yellow wire. The yellow is the memory wire and needs 12v all the time.

Easy fix...run a new +12v power block under the helm and connect direct to the house battery with a 10a inline fuse. Connect the radio's yellow to that block.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that 9V battery will last very long.... I thought about doing it that way but after looking at power draws it didn't seem practical for other than very short time periods (hours) not days.... I didn't research in depth so I could be wrong.

Since we go out everyday ( weather permitting ) . Not sure if it will be an issue for us  .Price is right for a test .

I do have solar a charger for my phone . I wonder if I could make that work .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read the specs on the KMC10. Looks like it holds settings in memory even without any power to radio.  Nice to know. Also has low battery alert. 

Just read the specs on the KMC10. Looks like it holds settings in memory even without any power to radio.  Nice to know. Also has low battery alert. 

Glade you replied SemperFi.  We ordered ours with a KMC10, so its nice to know we'll be covered come spring.

Back