Raised helm

Mikemat

Reaction score
I will be ordering a 2019 22ft swing back bennington in 2 weeks. But unsure if I should spend the extra $600.00 for the raised helm.
Any suggestions ?

Yes it is worth it , after having one I would never go without

Ditto ....^^^^^^^

+3, not only functional also really sharp looking

Which model ?
I will be ordering a 2019 22ft swing back bennington in 2 weeks. But unsure if I should spend the extra $600.00 for the raised helm.
Any suggestions ?

It's definitely worth the extra cost.

It’s absolutely worth it. For practicality, it is huge anytime people are sitting up front. It is even nice when they are not, but docking. Certainly gives better sight lines. Finally, it gives the helm a better asthetic look. However, as someone that is barely average in height, I wouldn’t mind it being slightly higher. I still find myself propping myself up or standing at times - particularly when someone taller is up front.

Wish I had it!!

For me it’s more the aesthetics vs. practicality. My R had one so I wanted one on the G. I think they just make the helm look a little more “high end”.

I really like the raised helm!

Yes on raised helm. But only after extended aft deck, it is one of my favorite features, very useful for many things. 150, SPS

Hey guys the raised helm looks aesthetically pleasing! But from a functionality standpoint does that 3 or 4 inches really make a difference? (The women on here are laughing) If there is somebody sitting in front of me and I can't clearly see I'll just ask them to move to the other side or back.

I really can’t see the 3-4” making that big of a difference. I’m sure the bolster seat provides better viewing. I got it because, as you stated, I think it looks more appealing. Just like the steering wheel. To some it’s just a wheel, to me, a work of art .... ;)

Same as SemperFi. Want it mainly for the look

From looking at pictures, it does not raise the console height and is simply a riser. I have not been able to confirm otherwise. I prefer the bolster which gives more height when needed, but keeps me tucked down with a tad more wind shielding on cooler days.

I also got it more from an esthetic point of view (but the little bit of height doesn't hurt). Also, all the higher end models from our dealer comes with them, so I got it with resale in mind.

From looking at pictures, it does not raise the console height and is simply a riser. I have not been able to confirm otherwise. I prefer the bolster which gives more height when needed, but keeps me tucked down with a tad more wind shielding on cooler days.
It is all one piece. Not sure how much taller it is from the stand alone console but at least it’s not just a platform added to a standard helm.1614514436578.jpeg

Back