Rear mount boarding ladder replacement

Kenter

Reaction score
The kids tried to push the pontoon out from the dock with the rear mount ladder down, snapped the lower half that normally folds up. If i order through the dealer they told me its around $500, ouch!. I see numerous rear mount ladders on Amazon for a fraction of the price. Has anyone ordered one of these and did they find the mount holes compatible with the existing? This is for a 2017
20 SFNP. Thanks

I had a ladder with a bent top right side and I sent it to someone on this site that I believe needed the top left, I don't think he was using the bottom part, maybe he will slide up and chime in.

If I were going to replace a ladder, I would try to find a Ricochet Ladder that Premier makes. Here's a thread referencing it and a video about it. It's a nice system where the ladder automatically springs up into position once the boat starts moving forward. Makes it nice that you don't have to remember to stow the ladder before taking off.

Not sure about the hole pattern for installation, though.

damn that looks like a sweet ladder, i just ended up ordering a replacement through the dealer for $400. didnt want to deal with drilling anymore holes in the pontoon.....will just tell everyone to be more careful next time or secure a waterproof post it note on the console to remember to pull the ladder

If I were going to replace a ladder, I would try to find a Ricochet Ladder that Premier makes. Here's a thread referencing it and a video about it. It's a nice system where the ladder automatically springs up into position once the boat starts moving forward. Makes it nice that you don't have to remember to stow the ladder before taking off.

Not sure about the hole pattern for installation, though.

I’ve always loved that ricochet ladder and wish Bennington had an similar design. Maybe there is a flaw im not seeing with it but a self folding ladder is genius

Beautiful ladder and great idea. But it still wouldn't have saved the OP.

Back