Registering my Bennington in North Carolina

$40 per year in CT for a pontoon regardless of size. Other power boats have rates based upon length. The trailer is $18 for 2 years.

My registration fee is ~$14/year.  Iowa.

Trailer is $12/year.

$52 every 2 years. (Over 20')

CLRD.......Paddleboard registration?!? Is Minnesota serious?!?

CLRD.......Paddleboard registration?!? Is Minnesota serious?!?
Yes, I also thought it was crazy but it is true. We bought a Sea Eagle inflatable Kayak and had to register that also, I wasn't nun to happy. But what do you do.

If it is over 12 ft and goes on the water it must be registered and have a sticker. 

Yes, I also thought it was crazy but it is true. We bought a Sea Eagle inflatable Kayak and had to register that also, I wasn't nun to happy. But what do you do.

If it is over 12 ft and goes on the water it must be registered and have a sticker. 
At one time Indiana had property tax on pedal powered paddle boats, though not registration. I don't have one any more so don't know if that's still true. I also had to register our small sailboat every year, about $75 or so.

If it moves, powered or not, they tax it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny.  You can't see the registration numbers on a paddle board unless you are standing on it...

At one time Indiana had property tax on pedal powered paddle boats, though not registration. I don't have one any more so don't know if that's still true. I also had to register our small sailboat every year, about $75 or so.

If it moves, powered or not, they tax it.
Property tax for that is crazy. But like I said what do you do. Just another reason for a tax. Same with the sailboat. 

Funny.  You can't see the registration numbers on a paddle board unless you are standing on it...
Well they still got there money and also gives another reason to come up and check you out.

I do not post the sticker on my kayak, it dont stick real well, I have it in a ziploc pinned to the rope in the front.

Back