Repair ideas

I would take the pressure off the seat and its frame ASAP so you will NOT have to replace the upholstery too. Maybe surgically cut only the bent aluminum parts and then replace frame and panel when new parts arrive in 2022 if lucky. Good Luck

Yeah, bend it back and order a new fence panel. Easy to replace but will probably be a long wait. I doubt you’ll be able to “repair“ that in off season to look “new”. That’s going to need replacement.
Replacement panel it is… I best sit down where I hear the costs; this photo was taken Wednesday and oddly the seat has expanded in the summer heat and looked better today. Good enuf to finish the season for sure.
145919AF-8906-45A5-8D82-9F85F0138F3F.jpeg

Wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what a new panel might cost? I can only imagine how many calls and emails its going to take to get accurate info. Time will tell. ….. lots and lots of time I figure

Make sure to have your hull id also. Bennington can pull info rom that.

The fix turned out pretty darn good. I would be tempted to leave it for a couple seasons while I contemplated it...

cobey

Have to replace starboard panel on 2012 2275 gcw dealer cost to me 2000.00 with decals. Apparently wait time is 6 months or more

I would just like to add a friendly reminder that boats are toys. We bought these toys to have fun with them, knowing it is a toy. Dont sweat the dents and cosmetic. The repair you did looks pretty darn good and it should not affect your enjoyment on the water with family and friends. As Cobey mentioned, might want to spend a few seasons with it and decide. I dont know what boat you have but I would also want to know the repair cost in relation to the boat value.

Easy to get caught up in trying to keep toys pristine, but there will always be dinks and scratches. I had my few when I got mine this year and it sure is easier to deal with when I remember its a toy.

I personally will enjoy our boat for as long as we want a boat, when we are done, whatever I get in resale is found money as far as I am concerned, because Ive already set the bag of money on fire for what we paid for the boat so anything we get down the road is found money.

Sorry but I’d have to somewhat disagree. Some of us like to keep our “toys“ in “like new” condition. I’m happy your fine with “whatever”, and if that’s suits you so be it. Mine is a weekly vacation from the real world and I want to keep it nice. To me, it’s also an investment. Although in a normal economy,more like a losing investment, but right now a profitable one, if I so desired, because it still looks brand new at 5 years old. With the cost of a new one probably 25% higher now, I could probably make good money. Again to each his own, but don’t assume everyone is good with dents and cosmetic defects.

Sorry but I’d have to somewhat disagree. Some of us like to keep our “toys“ in “like new” condition. I’m happy your fine with “whatever”, and if that’s suits you so be it. Mine is a weekly vacation from the real world and I want to keep it nice. To me, it’s also an investment. Although in a normal economy,more like a losing investment, but right now a profitable one, if I so desired, because it still looks brand new at 5 years old. With the cost of a new one probably 25% higher now, I could probably make good money. Again to each his own, but don’t assume everyone is good with dents and cosmetic defects.

Whoa. Ok. Probably a little more flack that I deserved back from you on that one; simply stating that stressing the little things in life usually tends to add more stress than what’s necessary.

I stuffed my boat in a couple of 3’ waves and blew the paneling on the front corner fence out of the track a few weeks ago, called my dealer and gave them the hill I’d and a new matching panel with all the right markings for my boat is $500 shipped to dealer with a 6-8 week turnaround time..

Im on Lake Wylie and my boat is 2018 22SSRF.

Just wanted to add that your initial fix seems to have turned out very well. So much better than I thought it would. Great job!

For repair are you presumably looking at an insurance claim, and the cost of the deductible? If so, there are sometimes windows in which you must file a claim for consideration. If not considering an insurance claim, then you could maybe sit on it a year as mentioned above and decide if its worth the money to repair if fully functional as is.

Also above, you have two divergent but good views on fixing and maintaining these expensive pontoons. The “let it ride, it’s a toy and stuff will happen over time” approach. You certainly could get away with that with as nice as your fix above turned out. Who doesn’t like to be stress free and enjoying their fun toys and hobbies without sweating the little stuff?

You also had the “maintain that baby over time with pride in ownership and you can also get its value out of it down the road” approach. Who doesn’t like their things looking great, preforming well over time, and keeping their financial value as well?

Which ever of the above approaches best fits your personality and approach to maintaining your material goods is the way to move forward.

Me? I always want to be more like Mozekian to be less stressed when the inevitable happens. My wife is this way. However, I am more like SemperFi and cannot let things like that go. I really like my stuff looking great all the time. I also like them holding their value over time so if I want to flip something and try something else, I can do so more easily.

You? You know you. That will help guide what the best course of action will be.

Whoa. Ok. Probably a little more flack that I deserved back from you on that one; simply stating that stressing the little things in life usually tends to add more stress than what’s necessary.
I would add stressing the big things in life aren't always healthy either. Like today's stock market... makes me want to go hit the sandbar with a cooler full of beverages to forget things for a while!

Back