Replacement parts

brickerhop1962

Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing part replacements taking forever? We ordered a Bimini boot cover over a year ago and our dealership. (Zacho Sports) in Eau Claire, WI still can’t get an answer when it may come in. I know everything is delayed with COVID but the Bennington Rep said material is hard to get and they can’t even give us an estimated ETA. We also asked for pricing from Bennington because I thought I might go to a top shop and had one made and they (Bennington) couldn’t even give me a replacement price. This is all so weird because of Bennington’s reputation and quality standard.

I was at my dealer this past Saturday ( he also has a canvas shop ) ,he told me that some canvas colors are not even available right now .

Not sure what a worldwide shortage of supplies has to do with Benningtons reputation. The whole supply chain for EVERYTHING is backed up. I have windows that normally take 4 weeks, now 6 months. Doors normally 2 weeks, 4 months. If I were you I’d just get one made or check out www.greatlakesskipper.com and you might luck out.

We received a brand new Ocean Blue bimini boot in about four weeks over the summer. The zipper tore a bit and they dealer/marina replaced via warranty.

Welcome to the forum Brickerhop. Just have one made. It'll fit like a glove! Some shops even have the capability to embroider "Bennington" on it in the original font.

Yes. I think it is the nature of this industry, and many others, these days.

Our Benny went down with first attempted use this past summer on a major electrical system failure/near fire. Needs extensive repairs/replacement.

Harnesses, wIring, main fuse box, batteries…again, etc, etc, etc… First parts came in 2 weeks ago after waiting months. A few main parts (RGB harness and main fuse box) are still not available with no eta in sight.

And heck, my dealer cannot finish testing “everything” electrical related until they get all of these other parts in, and they put the boat partially back together, so as to run power through it and test everything.

So, we’ve lost our entire boating season, and no eta’s or answers in sight. Just a matter of hoping for what’s needed to come in, and hoping there is not too much they are unaware of once they get the main electrical system back up and running. Been a nightmare really!

Last edited:
I had one made at a canvas shop, $200 and got it in less than 2 weeks. If it’s not a warranty item you are way better off getting replacement items through the secondary market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back