Road Rage-Don't Do It!!

lakeliving

Reaction score
So sad. Two grown men, two bad decisions, one father/husband/son dead, another probably facing life in prison.

Probably one of the reasons I tend not to carry. I KNOW I can control myself, I'm worried about the others that can't,

and the possible consequences of their inability to do so. Just like anything else, till we know the whole story, I won't pass judgement. (Meaning who knows what was said or done prior to the altercation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic for a caring and careful group of forum members.

I drive a car that is a target of people with low levels of information and high levels of stupidity (those two things are very different in my experience).

Lots of people have an opinion about the Chevy Volt. Those who have a negative opinion about the Volt usually have a harmless opinion based on wildly false information.

A sizable number, yet a small percentage overall, have a Neal Cavuto style idiot opinion of the Volt based on crazy ideology mixed with wildly false information.

Suffice to say, I get an unfair share of road rage directed at me simply because of the car I choose as my daily driver.

Dash cam.

A really good one.

Installed, always recording, hi-def, including g-force sensors on x, y and z axis, and GPS location sensing with speed...all recorded. All the time.

I have had to utilize the recordings on my dash cam twice already. It's sad the day and age we live in. For everyone, I highly recommend getting one and utilizing it always. You just never know what crazy is out there. And its getting worse and worse so very quickly. Tragic this story. How incredibly awful. Prayers up from my family to the victim's family.

-Jeff

Very sad. I imagine the shooter will spend the rest of his life in jail which may only be a few years at his age. The children are the real losers here and their world is turned upside down. Many years ago I got into a fit of road rage with another person, both of us at fault. I was stupid enough o follow him to his house and as I got out of my car in his driveway I had a moment of clarity... 'WTH am I doing?!' I ended up apologizing to the guy which caught him off guard. He apologized to me in return and we had a friendly conversation for about 15 minutes. We parted ways with a handshake. I am well aware of how different that situation could have turned out. I am now a father and wouldn't want my son to grow up without me.

I think we have all, or know some one who has taken it too far behind the wheel so it hits home for all of us. It's not worth your life because some moron thinks he owns the road.

I am a courier, so spend all day every day driving around. Luckily I'm in a small town with a high elderly population. Most of my "rage" is when they don't stop at a stop sign, either because they didn't see it, or were in a "hurry" to pull out in front of me. Which they then proceed to drive 20 in a 50 zone!! Haha yup, all day long! I usually yell to myself "It's the one on the right!! Yup, gas pedal is on the right!!" there are still a lot of young ones driving too fast for their abilities, usually while texting or talking on the phone. I can't even begin to guess how many lives I've saved when I'm stopped at a crosswalk and stay focused on my mirror watching the second lane of traffic to make sure they stop too! I have nailed on my horn to stop the pedestrian in front of me MANY times!! A lot of times I will stick my hand out the window with my arm out in a Stop position. People just don't pay attention. 

I've never seen that one before! A good one for sure.

Saw a bumper sticker last week that said "Honk if you love Jesus. Drive and text if you want to meet him!" Very appropriate.

Yeah, I like that one too lakeliving, I sent it to all my nieces and nephews

I like that bumpersticker too swiftm

I use to work at the walgreens right where it happened. This is not something a small town is use to having happen. Sad

Back