Rod Holders

Supercommode

Reaction score
My 2020 20SFV came with rod holders. Unfortunately the dealership didn't install them nor did they come with any mounting hardware. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? Was the dealership supposed to install? If not is it supposed to come with mounting hardware? Any help is appreciated.20200609_173846.jpg

They probably want you to install wherever you want it. No hardware required...the one on the right gets mounted to the floor against a rail. The other one on left gets mounted directly above on upper rail and in line. Use stainless steel screws to anchor. Easy Peasy!!

Dan

My opinion, that’s pretty terrible customer service for the amount we spend on these things. They should at least tell the buyer the process and offer to install wherever the buyer wants them. To just throw them in a bag and say “here you go” is something you’d expect from a Swedish furniture company. Jeez.

I would have at least expected a bag of screws or something... I thought it was kind of crappy deal as well. Here's some rod holders... find your own screws and figure it out on your own. If you look on the Benningtonmarine.com site and use the 3D boat designer it shows the rod holders on the back of the L-bench. I'm a little hesitant to screw into the back of the fabric on the bench, but I like the location.

I would take it to the dealer and tell them they forgot to do something. Although it isn’t a difficult install, someone with all the tools and parts can get it done a lot easier then a DIY’er.

I can do it and I have a whole shop full of tools. Just seems cheap to me how they toss it in a bag and say here you go. Would expect a little better quality from a brand that praises quality. Dealership was kind of flaky too. Doubt I would buy another boat there again.

I can do it and I have a whole shop full of tools. Just seems cheap to me how they toss it in a bag and say here you go. Would expect a little better quality from a brand that praises quality. Dealership was kind of flaky too. Doubt I would buy another boat there again.

It’s a dealer install item. Factory has no idea where you want it, so that “quality” statement makes no sense. Contact your dealer and ask them to install it where you prefer.

Honestly many people don’t want the dealer installing these. I would much rather install it myself with a screw less method such as VHB tape or heavy duty hook and loop fastener or similar than have 6 holes penetrating my brand new boat rails and floor. Should they have asked you?....I suppose but really your talking about 5 minutes of work here. I would never take the time to load boat on trailer and bring back to dealer for this, that’s just crazy...

Dan

I think the dealership absolutely should have asked you about having them mounted and where you would like them, during the rigging of the boat. You should have the option of receiving the boat 100% set up, particularly for the cost of them. That said, now that they did drop the ball on it, I would just do it myself because it would be easier than the alternative (hauling it in to them, and waiting for them to do an otherwise quick job. That said, I would also let them know I was disappointed in the situation.

Back