Rules to playing music loud

I'm at 2100 watts need to add some more. I do crank it. Kids love it but not early or late or around others.

Could you call the Sheriff and ask what the noise ordinance is. If he was sheriff then call the local pd.

I believe the rule of thumb is he with the loudest system gets to play whatever he wants. My Benny only has 4100 watts so most wake board boats get to chose the music.

What are you running?  Let's see some pics!! Sheesh, can't believe you've been holding out on us stereo freaks!

Sounds like me Tom S.  I absolutely agree.              p.s.  (it will drive you to Absolute)  Gerry    :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... I'm going to hide over here in a corner! I thought I was something big with 2050 watts. 2100, 3100, & 4100 Watts?!? Ya'll would blow me away.

Wow that's a lot of power!  Are you guys talking RMS or "Watts"?  I know a 2,000 Watt PYLE amp may not sound nearly as good or as loud as a 500 Watt Wet Sounds for example.  I learned this originally back in high school when I had a 500 watt Jensen amp get blown away by a 75w JL audio amp.  I never looked at power the same since....

I've got a 6 channel MB Quart Nautic amp that gets so loud it's embarrasing...  I couldn't imagine how much more power would be needed.  

Wow that's a lot of power!  Are you guys talking RMS or "Watts"?  I know a 2,000 Watt PYLE amp may not sound nearly as good or as loud as a 500 Watt Wet Sounds for example.  I learned this originally back in high school when I had a 500 watt Jensen amp get blown away by a 75w JL audio amp.  I never looked at power the same since....

I've got a 6 channel MB Quart Nautic amp that gets so loud it's embarrasing...  I couldn't imagine how much more power would be needed.  
Why get a 2000w when you can get a 3000w!!!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyle-3000W-4-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/17150988

And for a hundred bucks, you KNOW it has to be good!! Haha I think they spelt PYLE wrong though. I can only imagine how dirty a signal it would be sending. It really is a shame that they can label stuff like that and catch people that just don't really know any better. 

I don't see anything wrong with occasionally draining the batteries with the volume control.

But it has to be good music which will truly exercise the subs & it must sound cleaner than an operating room.

Lastly, if practiced too frequently it goes from "Cool" to "Lame" very quickly.

:p  Does the 7 year warranty cover "helm rattles" ?"  

Last edited by a moderator:
We're a 16,000 acre, 16 mile long lake in the middle of 4 cities totaling 140,000 people.

Our lake is heavily populated with permanent residences, with thousands of people living 50 feet from the water.

And sound does travel so well on the water. 

My favorite boats to cuss are Donzi's with V-8's and no mufflers

Back