RX Sport Seat falls in

brundog

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RX Sport.

The small section, bottom of the seat right behind the helm keeps falling in. We were running pretty good, hit a wave my passenger and seat bottom fell into the storage area. Just a bit embarrassing.

Has any one else had this issue and if so any thoughts to make it better. It looks like the back edge is not catching the support enough. We have already had the dealer move the front cleat under the seat forward to give it more pressure towards the back. That helped a some but I just realized not enough.

Have any pics? What about comparison pic of another seat that DOESN'T fall in to see what the difference is. Sorry you're having trouble, first time I've heard of this one!

Are you talking the lower backrest in ”front” of the helm??

I have not seen another one to compare it to yet.

It is the lower seat not the back rest.

I have a fix in mind, I need to get more support under the back edge where it meets the long side of the back rest.

Why wouldn't the dealer order a new seat ? I had a seat replaced for a crooked seam . Are your batteries under that seat ? The seat above my batteries has a plastic piece for extra support.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't the dealer order a new seat ? I had a seat replaced for a crooked seam . Are your batteries under that seat ? The seat above my batteries has a plastic piece for extra support.
No This is the small bottom piece right in front of the helm. This part of the seat pulls off then you can raise the back piece for some great storage.
The dealer adjusted the brace in front so the seat would push back farther but it is not enough. My thoughts are there is so much padding in the bottom and back seat it doesn't allow the bottom seat to catch the back structure enough. Not a very good design in my opinion.

Has your dealer contacted Bennington ?

Have any pics?

No pictures as of yet. Most unfortunately I am fighting the covid. I am hoping all goes well and pictures will be taken in a couple weeks.

No pictures as of yet. Most unfortunately I am fighting the covid. I am hoping all goes well and pictures will be taken in a couple weeks.
Get well soon. My family had it. Wife and daughter no more then a day or 2 with allergy symptom's. My son and I got it 2 months later and he was sick for a few days. Took me about 4 months to get rid of a nasty cough.

We are back and feeling much better.

I have contacted the dealer and they are sending my pictures to Benning ton. I have attached a couple pictures to better explain the issue. I have not heard of any one else having this problem.

My fix even if they replace the seat will be to attach a 1"x1" piece of aluminum L channel to the plastic support with self locking bolts and nuts. this way it will never drop through again.

Attachments

• boat seat 1.jpg
    boat seat 1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 60
  • boat seat 2.jpg
    boat seat 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 59
  • boat seat 5.jpg
    boat seat 5.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 59
  • boat seat 6.jpg
    boat seat 6.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 59
  • boat seat 8.jpg
    boat seat 8.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 58
Happy New Years!
Updating an old thread, the pictures I posted were sent to Benning ton through my dealer, they promptly replied with the following information.

They now supply a bracket (see attachment) to the back of the seat. They will be sending me a whole new seat with the bracket attached. The bracket is attached to the seat with bolts through the plywood which attaches to T nuts from behind.

It looks like this will be the new norm going forward for them.

Attachments

• 2022 bennington seat bracket.png
    2022 bennington seat bracket.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 20
Glad you got your concerns addressed, and that the problem will be rectified with the new seat. Always nice to get an update around here when something is taken care of.

@brundog So glad you got a resolution on this. So great to know that the manufacture is listening to issues in the field, and responding with solutions for the clients. If that would happen to me, I would have asked my buddy "Dude...how much did you eat at lunch?" LOL
Happy 2022 Cruising!

I know this is an old thread but I felt it important for future R sport model owners to be aware of this.
Bennington did send a new seat with the Z bracket on it, but as you can see my seat already had the bracket. The new seat did not catchc the back of the plastic extrusion any better than my old one hence it fell in just from kneeling on it at the back corner.
We decided to do our own fix, Lake Saint Clare can get pretty rough at times and I can't be having any injury's on my boat.
I have attached pics of what we did.
We cut and installed a piece of 1"x1" aluminum angle to the back extrusion with 1/4" stainless bolts and self locking nuts. We have tested this by jumping on the seat and hitting some good waves with people on it. This is a tested fix and it works!
I sent this same message to the dealer to forward to Bennington, I will be curious if we get any response.

Back