S series boat upgrade to ESP?

On the shark hide , I had two different guys have some fading issues and one of the boats I saw had a few scuff on the toons and the guy said he couldn't do anything to remove them without screwing up the coating..? I would think if it was done at the factory that would be the best, just wouldn't be able to polish the toons any brighter.

Sharkhide needs to be reapplied every other year or so . I had it put on at the factory .

When it is time to be redone ,that is when the polishing of the toons  will get done .

Here is mine from the factory with the sharkhide .

Have you looked at BigBlocks gallery ?

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3259-after/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used Sharkhide for some time now, and know others that have also, and every one of them  has had nothing but positive experiences. The only negative is it does not have a high resistance to abrasion, like where my stern tiedowns rub against the aluminum hull.  I wonder if maybe contamination of some type on the aluminum is causing the few bad reports I have read. It is not a cheap product, it is also quite possible some may have attempted to stretch the coverage by thinning. I just know that it works far better than anything else that I have tried, and sure beats the constant acid washing. Like any product, there are a lot of variables that could cause a bad experience.

It's a done deal, ordered the boat today! Yes I added the shark hide. Thanks for everyone's input, it was greatly appreciated!

Back