S series boat upgrade to ESP?

cmclarty

Reaction score
Hi new to pontoon boat , just placed order on 24sslx with 150hp Etec Evinrude and SPS 25" triple pontoon option, however I would like to go with ESP option in this layout. My dealer has stated it is not an option, however at a boat show two years ago I thought a Bennington rep stated it was possible. Does anyone know if it is possible to order with ESP option or heard of it.

Thanks in Advance. It would not be too late to change.

Spec sheet in catalog does not show that option avaiable for the "S" series.

You might look at following, does not look like much more (MSRP) than your triple tube setup .....

• Twin Elliptical Freshwater Performance Package (22) Our patented Elliptical Pontoons combined with lifting strakes, performance foils, solid round keels and under deck wave shield offer incredible two-tube performance. Each elliptical pontoon adds over 1,000 lbs. of additional buoyancy, allowing the boat to sit higher and run faster. The width of the elliptical pontoons also increases deck stability fore and aft as well as side to side.

Spec sheet in catalog does not show that option avaiable for the "S" series.

You might look at following, does not look like much more (MSRP) than your triple tube setup .....

• Twin Elliptical Freshwater Performance Package (22) Our patented Elliptical Pontoons combined with lifting strakes, performance foils, solid round keels and under deck wave shield offer incredible two-tube performance. Each elliptical pontoon adds over 1,000 lbs. of additional buoyancy, allowing the boat to sit higher and run faster. The width of the elliptical pontoons also increases deck stability fore and aft as well as side to side.
That's my setup except in Saltwater Series. All the above is true.

I found this add on that looks interesting for adding speed and performance to any 2 toon pontoon. The kit with under deck shield costs $2,000.

Interested if any one has one or seen one.

http://www.pontoonwa...e.com/index.asp

Gary
I've been debating on this option ..... don't have a triler though to get it out of water, have to wait till I can figure out how to do it on the water ..... :lol:

Might have to have a family day on the toon, then tell everyone "hold this up for me while I bolt this thing on" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a lot of work and don't just "bolt on". There is quite a bit of measuring and fitting involved. There have been posts on other forums where it was put on, moved, moved again etc. I personally would go for a third log.

They are a lot of work and don't just "bolt on". There is quite a bit of measuring and fitting involved. There have been posts on other forums where it was put on, moved, moved again etc. I personally would go for a third log.
+1 ^

Hey Carl, how much, 'ballpark' for a third log?

Depending on size and labor, new or used, I would say probably 2-4k. Just a guess though.

My dealer quoted $1800 for third pod on my 24SSL.

There ya go, I stand corrected. B)

I hate, correction..., my wallet hates you guys. lmao

Now I have to go figure out a reasonable way to talk the wife into adding a third log and a bigger motor to ours. I'll give it a year or two to make sure it sinks in with her real good, by then I think she will be more accepting lol.

Find someone with a 3 log boat and a bigger engine and it'll win her over. B)

She wants to be able to tube and do all that fun stuff as well so it will eventually sink in. :)

Find someone with a 3 log boat and a bigger engine and it'll win her over. B)
I think you misunderstood him Carl, he's not trying to get rid of the wife, just add a pontoon!! :lol: haha

If adding a third log, would I need a new trailer? Not sure my bunk trailer would work with it added. You can't really see it in the pic but I am sure many of you will know exactly what I am referring to. The third toon would be lower than the outside two correct? So I would be concerned about clearence number one and then on the inside of each toon is a guide rail that helps easily center the boat when loading and unloading.

20130503_132342.jpg

From what I understand, the center tube in an ESP is the same height. Someone else posted that info.

The ESP toons are at the same height. You can usually add a center bunk kit to the trailer, but the ESP only leaves about 10" for those inside guides so I left them off.

How much more difficult is it when loading the boat without the guides? They really help a ton with them on, I would think the back of the boat would try to float all over when loading unless someone stayed in the water to help walk it out.

How much more difficult is it when loading the boat without the guides? They really help a ton with them on, I would think the back of the boat would try to float all over when loading unless someone stayed in the water to help walk it out.
Sorry, I can't say as I don't trailer other than to put it in once and take it out at the end of the season.

Back