S series boat upgrade to ESP?

The guides really don't help. If you are badly lined up you will run into them. If you are lined up right they do nothing for you. Once you get the nose cones on the bunks and you are straight on the trailer it keeps the boat lined up while the back is floating. I put the trailer deep enough to wet the bunks and then pull about 1/3 of the trailer out. We have to deal with wind and currents so it can take some skill to stay lined up. Most people go too slowly at the trailer and drift off course. You also have to stay ahead of the boat. I bring the boat up to the front stop uprights using the engine. With a tri toon it is almost impossible to winch the boat on. To much friction.

I always winch it on, never have power loaded. I also dip the bunks first, then pull about 1/3 out. Once I get it winched up, I start pulling it out and the wife usually holds the rope and makes sure the tools are seated properly on bunks, if they are off slightly, I just back up a little and the wife gives a little more tug.

Don't be jealous Dave, ya gotta teach'em that early. Haha

Hopefully not too early Derrick...

Hopefully not too early Derrick...
Andy, Andy, I expected this from kaydano, Semp, but you? Haha she's my wife, it's ALL legal.!!!!

Just checking! I know there is difference in degrees/Celsius, mph/kph, just wanted to make sure you Canadians used the standard for age as well, 365 days( at 24 hours each) x 18 years = legal

Haha, you people! Make me laugh! I think you must be doing the first part wrong!

Just tried to order the ESP package on an S24SSLX and they said they couldn't do it. Had to go with the SPS 200.

Welcome! Tell us more. Great choice by the way.

I'm hoping to pull the trigger today, waiting on a call back from the dealer. Here's what I selected for options, if anybody has any recomendations I still have a day or so. This only my second boat, the first being a 19' bowrider. Most of our boating is done in upstate ny, but I' also not that far from Raystown Lake.  

24SSLX Black w/smokey granite accent and black canvas

SPS 200 w/200 Etec

Infloor storage

Power steering

Rough water Package(still not sure if I need it!) 

Sandstone pillow top

Seagrass full flooring

Extended Bow and Aft Deck

G Series Helm Chair

Garmin GPS-Inland

Sony M6 w/speaker upgrade

Bimini LED lighting

SS Docking lights

HD Rub rail w/rub rail protectors

Ski tow bar

Porta Potti and privacy enclosure

Looks like some good options. If you get it I'll be curious to see your numbers with the etec vs my yamaha.

Is that a plain 200 ETEC, or do they come in HO versions?  I was thinking the HO was more like the Mercury Optimax ProXS--conservatively rated horsepower by 10%.

It should really move in that boat.

I actually called evinrude to speak with tech guy, not as easy as it sounds! They do make a HO version, but it's about 100lbs heavier and he stated I wouldn't notice any performance differnce that woudl justify the little extra, mostly due to weight etc. Plus the standard etec uses all of the same tech, main difference is the 60 deg vs. 90 deg block. It would be more noticable on a bass boat or something similar. I've been told to expect 43-45mph, but as you know, until it hits the water anythings possible.

Nice boat. I don't think you can put together a better S...

Nice pickins on the options.

I'm hoping to pull the trigger today, waiting on a call back from the dealer. Here's what I selected for options, if anybody has any recomendations I still have a day or so. This only my second boat, the first being a 19' bowrider. Most of our boating is done in upstate ny, but I' also not that far from Raystown Lake.  

24SSLX Black w/smokey granite accent and black canvas

SPS 200 w/200 Etec

Infloor storage

Power steering

Rough water Package(still not sure if I need it!) 

Sandstone pillow top

Seagrass full flooring

Extended Bow and Aft Deck

G Series Helm Chair

Garmin GPS-Inland

Sony M6 w/speaker upgrade

Bimini LED lighting

SS Docking lights

HD Rub rail w/rub rail protectors

Ski tow bar

Porta Potti and privacy enclosure
SharkHide ,and I see you upgraded the sound system . I had my dealer install a second battery and switch on my SLX last year .

I was on the fence with SharkHide, have heard good and bad..? At least you have a picture of a boat, mine's just paper so far!

Please share what you have heard bad about Shark Hide .

In a year on this forum I have seen nothing bad

.My thinking on the second battery is, why upgrade the stereo system if you are not going to use it ?

I was on the fence with SharkHide, have heard good and bad..? At least you have a picture of a boat, mine's just paper so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back