Screws holding center toon access hatch

Rockie69

Reaction score
What thread are these? I am searching for something to cap them with. I think this may be where some have ripped their covers. I ripped a noodle (no big deal), but I envision my travel cover, a life jacket, or my mooring cover, or my finger, getting ripped.

Sorry, I did not explain it very well. The portion I am talking about is the back side of the screw, under the floor, they appear to be self tapping, and sharp!

Go to your local auto parts store and get some small vacuum caps, they should be in the 'help' section. Or use rubber hose, again at the parts store, cut short lenghts to cover the screws.

Or buy a length of vacuum line and just cut pieces long enough to cover threads .... Nice n cheap !!!!

I'm looking to thread something and use loctite. I fear a hose will get caught and come off relatively easily, leaving me with the same challenge as before.

If they are self tapping, I doubt you'll find a nut to thread on as they are probably sheet metal type threads ??

Do the vacuum cap or tubing trick with some black silicone inside. They will stay put. Just make sure to give the silicone 24 hours to cure so you don't get it on anything else. I've done this with cheap bolt cap covers on the GOAT and they've stayed on for 3-4 years and they are flat to flat metal surfaces. You have threads for the silicone to "grab".

There's a sharp screw head under my lounger that I'm afraid will snag or puncture something in the storage compartment. I have a piece of duct tape folded over it at the moment (not the best solution, but hey, duct tape is for everything, right?)

Anyway, thanks for the rubber hose idea. Never thought of that.

Another way is to take a cut-off wheel, if you can easily access the points, and cut them flush with the floor.
NO WAY...specially with all the fume discussions in other threads!!!LOL

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back