Sea foam

mtudb24

Reaction score
Anyone try searching foam fuel additive. Takes water out, like stability, adds octane boost, and cleans injectors and fuel rail. Got 2 guys with non bennys that swear by it. Great for outboards, 2 or. 4 stroke and io's?

Bought a bottle today. They say you'll get more rpm and more power. He says mercury recommends it. Don't have my manual handy, but I bought a bottle to try

Todd

Good stuff. Used it over the years for different issues, but with today's ethanol issues, not a bad thing for sure !!

I use Seafoam in everything that has a gasoline burning engine on it. Mower, blower, generator and boat. It's made for carbon buildup on valves but keeps other parts clean as well. I usually use the Seafoam with Sta-bil and Startron as a cocktail with the e-10 fuel.

Thanks guys. Will put the bottle in it this weekend

Todd

Btw, I had stupid smart phones what pick words for you... Sea foam, but in my post, it was searching foam. Arrrrgggg

SeaFoam is great stuff. I use it to clean up the mayhem caused by folks who use Sta-bil. ;) :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used both Seafoam and Stabil in my boat engine as well as my old jet skis, tractor, and all power garden equipment and even my vehicles......Both satisfied with the results in all..................

every one has their special sauce they like for a fuel additive.

Dont cut my fingers off, but I had a 28' Crownline with a 496HO kept it at the Marina on a lift everytime I went to run this boat the injectors would clog up and i would then get a miss in this engine every one told me to use sea foam which I did and it did not help this issue, talked to a couple of Mercury Certified mechanics and they told me to stop useing Sea Foam that it does not mix with ethanol, and yes most fuels have some form (amount) of ethanol, they recommended quick silver of course, but said to use Startron, this stuff works cleans enjectors stabilizes fuel etc, I actually had a chainsaw that had not ran for over two years dumped the gas, put some startron in and new gas and it fired on the third pull, I dont know what this stuff is made of but im a firm believer.

This is just my two cents, like I say use what you feel comfortable with or trust, its you money in the long haul.

I have!

They claim that their product does not turn to a jell like the mechanics claim, but did state that they had heard this claim before.

Big SeaFoam Fan and my Honda Mechanic swears by it. Use Stabil and a full fuel tank for my winter storage down south here.

Back