Serius XM Radio

FrancoB

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Serius XM connect tuner and a marine antenna on their pontoon? If so where did you place the antenna and attach a pic please.
Cheers

I have a factory installed unit , the antenna is installed on the helm it is marine specific. Mine is very similar to this one .
51GHVhxgoUL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Thanks for the response. I've ordered one similar but was wanting to know where to mount it. I was thinking somewhere on the helm for easy wiring , etc. Are you having any issues with reception when you have your bimini top up . Mounting instructions suggest mounting so the antenna has no physical obstruction from the sky. Im thinking a bimini top wouldn't have much effect on the reception.

That , I can't answer we don't use our bimini. Mine is mounted on the outside edge of the helm, I have seen other antennas that could be mounted on the bimini struts . But then you have wires exposed.

Ok thanks for the info . Guess it’ll be trial and error ! Cheers

Couldn’t you just use the Sirius app on the phone and bluetooth to radio? Am I missing something in that regard?

Following to see if this works ok. We don’t have cell service on the lake after leaving the marina area, so I’ve thought about adding satellite to the radio.

Yes, we also have no cell / data service when going far from our dock, so we cannot use the app. I'm waiting for the hardware to arrive and I will update once installed.

A few years ago, I had a device you could get xm with portably. Used it on tractors, side by sides, as well as the boat. I put the little magnetic mount antenna front right of the helm by the depth finder. Had no issues with reception as I recall.

Good grief…right. I just took cell service for granted and obviously many lose it when out on certain bodies of water. D’oh! Sometimes I’m a knuckle-head.

I had a Sirius unit on my old pontoon (sorry no pictures available) and it worked well. I mounted the antenna on a stern rail because it stuck out of my boat house and I like to lie down on the pontoon and listen to jazz with an occasional adult beverage. Now I use my iPhone app.

Any mounting point with a clear view of the sky should work.

Has anyone installed a Serius XM connect tuner and a marine antenna on their pontoon? If so where did you place the antenna and attach a pic please.
Cheers
Here is the Sirius antenna on my helm .

1689270011327.png

1689269989157.png

Good grief…right. I just took cell service for granted and obviously many lose it when out on certain bodies of water. D’oh! Sometimes I’m a knuckle-head.

Well, you're a Spartan fan so our expectations have already been adjusted accordingly! ;)

Thx for the pics! My hardware arriving soon and thinking I’ll be installing antenna in the helm area for easy access to head unit , etc .

You're Welcome ,hope it works out for you .
If this is your 1st time activating this radio ,call Sirius ,tell them you got a card with the unit for a 3 month trial and free activation

Update : received my hardware and all installed . Mounted the antenna on right side of helm and reception is fine . All set now and works great . Highly recommend adding this to your stereo .
Happy boating everyone .

Attachments

• 0E658A66-0B24-452D-B71D-DE544AB04AA1.jpeg
    0E658A66-0B24-452D-B71D-DE544AB04AA1.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 9
Just a hint. Do the 3 month then try to cancel. They’ll typically offer like $6/month for a year to stay. When that ends, call to cancel and they’ll extend it again. I’ve been $5-6 a month for years.

Thanks for the tip ! Just signed up month to month $9 / Month Cdn. ( so 6 American ) . Will shut her down at the end of Sept and sign up again in May or June when it warms up here on Vancouver Island BC .

Back