Sharrow props

If I were dumber (meaning I was dumb enough to buy one of those at anywhere near that price) and criminals were smarter, I'd be worried at every stoplight for someone zipping that thing off with a battery operated impact driver. Of course they would be doing me a favor because I'm not sure boating would be enjoyable anymore with me constantly worrying about hitting something with that.

The price isn't the least of the problems! When Boat Tests published their test data, I attempted to do some critical analysis. To say there are significant issues is an understatement. The fun only begins with the motor that clearly has a nonstandard gear ratio. That is followed by comparisons with the boat planned off for one prop but not the others. If economy is compared at the best HULL speed, the differences almost disappear. The "super prop" has a higher effective pitch in certain RPM ranges, regardless of what the rated pitch is. Note that absent from the tests is acceleration info. That is a rare "oversight" for Boat Tests! No need to believe me, check it out for yourself......

Wow, all of my comments were centered around the assumption that this prop was better in every way, or in the immortal words of Mary Poppins "practically perfect in every way." If you knock if off that perch, then it just becomes a joke and isn't worth 1.5 times the cost of a conventional prop, let alone the 20 times more it's at now. Will Karma catch this guy before he's even out of the gate?

Mary Poppins?

Looks like Sharrow is starting to come to their senses.

The news just came out that they reduced their price by 80% Now instead of being completely unrealistic and ludicrous at $10,000, they're down to extravagantly expensive at $2000. While that might make sense for a commercial or high hour operator, another $1000 reduction should put them in the ballpark for an amateur boater.

I laughed out loud when I received their first email with their early adopter pricing. I recognize the engineering value that goes into development of new concept technologies but it's not worth more than twice what I'd pay for a premium stainless prop to me. When they come significantly below $1K I'll show more interest.

Has anyone installed a Sharrow prop ?
I heard sumwhere Yamaha jus bought the rights to the prop

Attachments

• 0250FCB3-1B7C-44C3-BF80-3C6F6D400F1B.png
    0250FCB3-1B7C-44C3-BF80-3C6F6D400F1B.png
    412.2 KB · Views: 31
Sharrow will be manufacturing their props at Yamaha’s new state-of-the-art facility in Indiana. I’d love to have one but still too pricey for my wife’s blessing.

Sharrow will be manufacturing their props at Yamaha’s new state-of-the-art facility in Indiana. I’d love to have one but still too pricey for my wife’s blessing.
Well just purchased mine it’s still in the wood crate it ships in
I’ll post what I experienced I get the opportunity
Thought I would this weekend but didn’t get the pontoon out

Well just purchased mine it’s still in the wood crate it ships in
I’ll post what I experienced I get the opportunity
Thought I would this weekend but didn’t get the pontoon out
Congratulations! Yes, please share your thoughts on your new prop.

Thinking about my next build and curious what it would add to a build. For instance, is a 250 with a sharrow comparable to a 300 from a pricing standpoint or close? If it were or even a little more I’d go the 250 route based on the overall improvements the prop makes.

Thinking about my next build and curious what it would add to a build. For instance, is a 250 with a sharrow comparable to a 300 from a pricing standpoint or close? If it were or even a little more I’d go the 250 route based on the overall improvements the prop makes.

Last I read, Sharrow was still all one off props... meaning, the prop was designed for the boat/motor combo each time and optimized. I'd like to think "general" designs aren't practical or effective enough since you could probably do well selling options for say 22-24 ft. pontoon/tritoons at maybe 90/150/250 HP... If it was that easy, they probably would have released those already since the market would be pretty big relatively speaking...

Last I read, Sharrow was still all one off props... meaning, the prop was designed for the boat/motor combo each time and optimized. I'd like to think "general" designs aren't practical or effective enough since you could probably do well selling options for say 22-24 ft. pontoon/tritoons at maybe 90/150/250 HP... If it was that easy, they probably would have released those already since the market would be pretty big relatively speaking...

That said, i'm happy to offer my boat as a "test platform" for them.... :cool:

Back