Simon Motor Sports and my Verado

Yes, as long as you don't have elliptical tubes.

Dont know for sure on a Yamaha ,but upgrading my Mercury from a 150 was cost prohibitive .

On the Merc the controls had to change from analog to digital .After the labor cost it would have been less to buy a new boat .

Even if I switched to Yamaha  the controls would still have to be changed .

Dont know for sure on a Yamaha ,but upgrading my Mercury from a 150 was cost prohibitive .

On the Merc the controls had to change from analog to digital .After the labor cost it would have been less to buy a new boat .

Even if I switched to Yamaha  the controls would still have to be changed .

Jack, I think he is asking about the ECM upgrade for the 150, which would not entail the things your are talking about.

Jack, I think he is asking about the ECM upgrade for the 150, which would not entail the things your are talking about.

That I am interested in myself 

That I am interested in myself 

They sent an email to my buddy a couple of months ago saying they now offer this for the 150.  He is going to do it but has not done it yet.

Curious what the turn around time is .

Is he also doing the fly wheel upgrade ?

Save your money on the flywheel upgrade.  There is NO hp gain.  I've ran many variations of flywheels on my race outboards over the years.  On a pontoon, the weight would negate any gain whatsoever.  In fact, it may quite possibly be slower on top end. 
IMO, any positives of a flywheel upgrade aren't realized on a 6000 rpm engine.

Curious what the turn around time is .

Is he also doing the fly wheel upgrade ?

They had mine for no more than 2 days, I think I sent mine from Maine to California and I got it back the same week.

So my boat will go in the water this weekend (damn Wisconsin weather).  I would like to decide this week if I am going to do the re flash.  I've heard from one person that did have pre and post numbers that did not have much of a top end boost.  Is there anybody else out there that has these numbers and demonstrated a significant bump?  I have the 225 Vmax SHO and was told I would be at 300.

So my boat will go in the water this weekend (damn Wisconsin weather).  I would like to decide this week if I am going to do the re flash.  I've heard from one person that did have pre and post numbers that did not have much of a top end boost.  Is there anybody else out there that has these numbers and demonstrated a significant bump?  I have the 225 Vmax SHO and was told I would be at 300.

If you are gaining 75HP, then there has to be a positive.  Hole shot, mid range, and I am sure there is more top end.  75HP doesn't just sit doing nothing :)

By the way, I went up two pitches on my prop with my Verado 250 after the re flash

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I went up two pitches on my prop with my Verado 250 after the re flash

That would be funny as I was trying to get the next size down as I have been topping out at 5400-5500 rpms.  It would be a welcome change.

Back