Simrad loss of depth reading

L23250HP

Reaction score
Simrad loses depth reading after 20mph. Dealer says there is no fix due to prop turbulence. This forum says the same. Anyone attempted to reset Simrad Echo or reset Data source? If so any luck?

Move it down

Attachments

• D03D1C94-62D2-45B8-A5DC-B21F6C457794.jpeg
    D03D1C94-62D2-45B8-A5DC-B21F6C457794.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 21
I've tried that and multiple other options including switching transducer to the starboard side with no change in results- but thanks Michigan. How far below the pontoon did you go to make it respond correctly?

Try adjusting the angle of the transducer as well

Simrad loses depth reading after 20mph. Dealer says there is no fix due to prop turbulence. This forum says the same. Anyone attempted to reset Simrad Echo or reset Data source? If so any luck?
Another forum member, Big Dog, has depth readings at all speeds with his Simrad. Maybe he'll chime in or you can send him a PM.....

Mine works to 20 mph and it took a while to get a good position for it. Also use a light coat of transducer paint in salt/brackish water to keep slime and barnacles off.

I've tried that and multiple other options including switching transducer to the starboard side with no change in results- but thanks Michigan. How far below the pontoon did you go to make it respond correctly?
It’s about 2” below but I was limited by the length of the transducer wire. Now it works well into the 30’s.

I had the exact same issue. Worked with my dealer and Bennington directly to find the solution. Been perfect even since. See my thread. Best of luck!

Back