Slide anchor shore spike

keithkz

Reaction score
Has anyone used this to secure their pontoon boat in shallow waters? I will be needing a tie down such as this in order to keep the boat very close to the tie down while at a very busy sand bar (South end of Torch Lake, MI) so as to use very little rope so people don't trip over it.

Yup, not me, but do a search, I remember someone said they're great I think, try the search and it should come up

Do a forum search for spike, there was one called sand anchor and another called anchoring I believe. Off Call uses 2 of them and says they are fantastic.

I really like mine. Just attach a small buoy to it if it's submerged and you're good.

Thanks....yeah was already thinking about the buoy because I know it will be submerged. Thanks guys....now I just need to "add to cart."

Funny, I bought some stuff from iboats.com last night, and at the last second ran across a $2.50 buoy (5-6 inches long) and threw it into the cart. Figured it would be useful for something. Now I know what to use it for!

I just use my regular anchor at the sandbar........performs the same function.......

We have two of these and they seem to do a great job. Pretty idiot proof, just set and forget. Much more stable than just a regular anchor unless you want to dig a hole and bury it.

Hmmmmm.... new toy to buy ... you all are costing me too much money !!! ;)

Yeah I have been looking at them since last summer as well but didn't know if I wanted to spend the $$$ on them. They do make sense and look nice though.

Yeah my brother in law has a setup just like that (those are the exact auger tips I use for my dock) however they wre a joke when we tried to use them on my Bennington two years ago....my boat is far heavier than his little jet boat and a little wind pulled that spike right out of the sand.

Derrick is right I do have two of them as well as the Box Anchor. I love them!! I will use both slide anchors at one time, or I will use one slide anchor and box anchor depending on water depth. They hold very well. I know have the Sea legs so I am not sure how much I will be using them this year.

We have one and love it. Stores away easily and holds well. The slide anchor is great for shallow water or beach anchoring.

We have one for the beach. It's so easy to use and remove. We use it in addition to a box anchor.

So what your saying Off Call is that you have 2 slide anchors for sale!! Haha

I made my own version using a sand auger and PVC. Paint it up and make it your own. Easy to find. I made it to fit easy under the seat and tall enough to stick out of the water on the Torch sand bar.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=sand auger
How do you mount a pvc pipe to this? Epoxy? What is the OD of the auger? Or, what size PVC pipe fits it.

How do you mount a pvc pipe to this? Epoxy? What is the OD of the auger? Or, what size PVC pipe fits it.
Let me check... I forgot the actual size and don't want to lead you wrong. I glued the tee at the top and a single bolt at the auger. I will see my boat this weekend.

Back