Smokin' Hot!!

To those that have the seagrass, is the floor hotter than the seats?

I have one ( laser temperature readers ) I will take it with me once mine arrives .

With the carpet, we have had times where we have thrown water on it to cool it down to walk bare foot on it.

Not really sure what Bennington could say or do about it. Stuff is out in the sun, it gets hot. My plain old rear decking got crazy hot as well, Gee's expensive teak gets hot, heck my CARPET was smoking hot a couple times. It's just the way it is. Be like some Asian countries, just have flip flops that stay on the boat for people to wear! :) that was one reason that I kept my carpet and didn't go full vinyl or teak. I guess you could all try to order the snap in carpet and put it in. Although it would be cool if it had a setup like my seats in the Caddy, a bunch of perforated holes that push air through to cool. Mental note, add that to my lottery win boat!

Here's an idea, for the RC enthusiasts on here, if you have one of those laser temperature readers, see how hot the decking is. Just for curiosity.
Bulldog, my dealer has one and is going to test it out!

It would be good if people tested different floorings too, maybe if someone is at a dealership and they have a row of boats, check the different flooring to see.

I know that Bennington has done exactly this because the guy quoted the exact temps to me at the factory. I just can't remember them now as I've slept a couple times since then. I think the whole point was to give a stylish alternative to the vinyl and harder type of Aqua Teak which both tend to run very hot. I had mine with full Seagrass out today in 80 degree sun and didn't find it objectionable at all. We had gray carpet on both of our previous boats and they could get unbearably hot at times as well.

Tom, were you moving at all times? Seagrass is fine if you are moving at all times!! The minute you stop or beach get your fire walker shoes on!!!!

Tom, were you moving at all times? Seagrass is fine if you are moving at all times!! The minute you stop or beach get your fire walker shoes on!!!!
True dat, just the slow cruise mode so far.

I live in Belton Texas....my 2013 2550 RCB has full seagrass. Last weekend was the hottest day out to date...low 90s. We keep both biminis up to help with the heat. However; the rear deck does get hot. Our 2011 had the vinyl rear deck, and the vinyl did seem hotter than the seagrass. The 2550 RCB has the water sprayer in the rear lounge that comes in handy when the seagrass does get too hot. I'll have to agree with the post....it's in full sun, it's gonna get hot.

I just bought a couple of throw rugs to roll out if we are at rest. Hopefully will help!!

Just to add to the floor reminders. The faux teak (vinyl)... When you apply 303 to your seats... Make sure you clean the floor with something that will remove the 303... (Or cover it before you spray) Slick as snot on the vinyl! I just washed her down ( light scrub)with mild soap and water and we're good to go. As for the heat, no issues thus far, but in my opinion... IT LOOKS SMOKIN' HOT! ;)

Back