Snow on Cover

Jeff Pearl

Reaction score
Last weekend I put my brand new 23ssrcxp in the water at our place in southern Wisconsin. We had a great weekend on the lake. This Saturday, we’re supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow. How much damage is that much snow going to do to my new cover? I have all four poles up and it is right.

It’s a ton of weight and can easily destroy it, especially if it’s a real heavy wet snow. I personally would remove it and maybe throw a cheap tarp over just for temporary coverage. A new mooring cover is a chunk of $$$.

Last weekend I put my brand new 23ssrcxp in the water at our place in southern Wisconsin. We had a great weekend on the lake. This Saturday, we’re supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow. How much damage is that much snow going to do to my new cover? I have all four poles up and it is right.
Jeff, like SemperFi indicated that much wet snow will be pretty heavy and likely damage something (cover, poles, etc). Hope you can figure something out.

One year I didn't shrink wrap the boat. I reinforced the cover by putting the orange vests, throw pillows, ski vests and any inflatables I had on the seats just about even with the bottom of the cover. It snowed a couple times that winter and it worked. The snow didn't have a chance to weigh down the cover.......

Back