Sony MDX-M60UI

Derrick ,I did not order the second  remote on the longer , because I wanted it in a different spot .

Do you know if there is still a second input for the second remote on the radio ?

If so ,do you know which one is used ?

RMX 55

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMX55M-Marine-Remote-Control/dp/B000H0TSYW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397999059&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+marine+remote

or the RMX 60.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMX60M-Control-UniLink-Capability/dp/B003KZJYBS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397999420&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+marine+remote

Thanks .

Jack 

Jack here is the owners manual for the RMX60M. It states it is compatible with the CDX-M60UI. The 55 has a "note" stating some things won't work. It is easy to hook up. Here is a link to the owners manual.

https://docs.sony.com/release/RMX60M_US_ES_FR.pdf

Thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:
That was one thing I dropped the ball on! My last RCW had the second control on the rear lounger and when I ordered this one I didn't see it as an option, so I ASSUMED (I know I know) that with the tower and upgraded stereo it just came with it. Well it doesn't. Then to make matters worse, when I was pulling wire for the subs in the lounger, it never occurred that I should pull a couple extra so I could wire it in later. Oh well. At least with the bluetooth you can just change the song using the ipod or phone.

That was one thing I dropped the ball on! My last RCW had the second control on the rear lounger and when I ordered this one I didn't see it as an option, so I ASSUMED (I know I know) that with the tower and upgraded stereo it just came with it. Well it doesn't. Then to make matters worse, when I was pulling wire for the subs in the lounger, it never occurred that I should pull a couple extra so I could wire it in later. Oh well. At least with the bluetooth you can just change the song using the ipod or phone.
So there is a second connection for the remote on the back of the radio ?

Too bad Sony make a blue tooth version ,No Wires .

My opinion, the location Bennington chose is not the best (not sure of a better one inside the boat). Almost every-time we go out someones leg rests on the volume up and they all stare at me while I reach back and smack the persons leg then lower volume. I'm still searching for a cover that will go over it to assist in this challenge.

So.. the moral of the story is...Derrick, you may have made an oversight, but, it might be a good thing.

I have an idea where I would like to mount it . It sure would help if it was delivered. 

Do you have a delivery date yet Jack?

They still have to put the arch on & I have that seat swap . But it is ready as soon as the ice is gone .

I took this last Thursday at the marina .Those are the condos there .
1424370_10200790751731683_6099037206126660425_n.jpg

Wow, still snow and ice....crazy.

Yep ,they say it's one of the worst on record.

I really wanted to take delivery by the 1st of May . MY wife's birthday is the 2nd .I really don't think it's going to happen now 

Love those condos !! Now if they were only in Florida .... :)

I'll take two.. I wish.. They look pretty nice though..

Two story,living with boat house and garage .Don't know what the fees are .

Worst thing is the length of winter 

My opinion, the location Bennington chose is not the best (not sure of a better one inside the boat). Almost every-time we go out someones leg rests on the volume up and they all stare at me while I reach back and smack the persons leg then lower volume. I'm still searching for a cover that will go over it to assist in this challenge.

So.. the moral of the story is...Derrick, you may have made an oversight, but, it might be a good thing.

What you say about the inadvertent changing of volume and track is true, but I had it on my last one and found it handy to have. A bluetooth version would be great!!

I want to mount one on the bottom front of the rear lounger ,so I can reach it while in the water . Not ever sure what it made of ,looks like fiberglass or plastic .

I know the one connection is taken up for the console remote . Still trying to find out if Bennington splices the second optional remote or if there are connections for 2 on the back of the radio .

Stop the madness with the music suggestions ,,, When testing and adjusting, showing what Wet Sounds can do,,, and thinking "First Song on the sand bar"  think Classic Rock, Montrose Greatest Hits, Pat Travers, Hits, (Snorten Wiskey and Drinkin Cocain, yikes!!), Floyd, The Wall, Joe Satriani, Surfing with Aliens,

Just Saying,,, Loud and clean tunes ,keeps the Spiders away!!

Me being old school Rock & Roll ,spending every weekend at the Grande Ballroom .

I am thinking Bass Guitar & Bass Drum/Drums .

Lots of ideas,right now 

Stop the madness with the music suggestions ,,, When testing and adjusting, showing what Wet Sounds can do,,, and thinking "First Song on the sand bar"  think Classic Rock, Montrose Greatest Hits, Pat Travers, Hits, (Snorten Wiskey and Drinkin Cocain, yikes!!), Floyd, The Wall, Joe Satriani, Surfing with Aliens,

Just Saying,,, Loud and clean tunes ,keeps the Spiders away!!

Back