sony radio

Larry

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2275gcw in 2012 and the sony radio will not permit me to use tuner. The unit works but is stuck on a very low sound volume. Is this an easy fix or does it need to be replaced? And is this covered under the 7 year warranty?

Yep, would be covered by your warranty.  Contact your dealer.

Is the volume only low for the radio?  Or is it also low on CD?

Did you check the manual (if provided) to see if their was a "volume limit" function on the radio that might have been activated. What model radio is it?

Or there is no reception or antenna is disconnected so it wont change stations and maybe it's on a band with quiet static...

The model is cdx-m60ui and everything works but the control dial/select button. Manual I have does not mention volume limit

I've had 2 Sony radios go into demo mode permanently and not work. The ipod connection does still work and will occasionally get stuck on low volume. A reset of the ipod and a power cycle of the radio usually fixes it. I say fixes it, but the radio doesn't work, just the ipod connection to play what I have there. I'm not impressed with the Sony units in these boats.

Back