Soon-to-be a new Benny owner

Buoyfriend

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking this forum for months now getting as much information as possible so I can build my "last boat first." Though, truth be told, this will be the 3rd boat we have owned in the last 4 years. I currently have a 24' pontoon with a Merc 115 but now that the kids are getting bigger and wanting to do more we are looking to go to a 200. So here is the build I want:

24 SBRX with smokey granite panels, champagne accent

SPS with Yamaha F200

Curved bimini, no lights

Upgraded G series captains chair

78" galley (no fridge)

Bow gate seat

Heavy duty rub rail with pop up cleats bow and aft

Sharkhide

In-floor storage

Designer vinyl floor

Down-grade to stools at the bar (if possible)

Not many upgrades, just the necessities. Out-the-door price (with trailer) $56,600. This seems high to me when others are saying 20%+ off MSRP. Closest dealer is 3 hours away, the next one is 4 hours away but both have quoted within $100.  

What is your take on this? Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You don't say where you're located. 

There are dealers in this world willing to compete for your business with a fair price.  I'd suggest getting on BoatTraders.com and trying to figure out which dealers are out there. 

I'd drive 500 miles to save substantially.

5c09ae9211f306fff2061f3ea44cf4f2_zpsr2fjh950.jpg

Another example.

Are these all 2 tube boats with 115hp or less. Looks like the op wants performance.

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions!

Defnitely looking for performance. Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from what we have now if we go with 150HP and two tubes or express tube option(max 150 HP). There are a few "must-haves" (3 tubes, in-floor storage, more HP) and nothing out there quite meets those needs, so I think a custom build is our only option. Dealer price is close to 20% off MSRP, but because we travel a lot to boat (usually 400 miles round-trip), a trailer is a must and adds in to the cost. EZ-loader is what dealer recommends for longer hauling.

Anyone think that waiting until boat show (late Jan-Feb here) would be a better idea? Still would have time to build before spring rolls around.

That's originally what I had planned on doing.  I sold my last boat (wakeboard) in June and was just going to wait for winter time and shows.  But, I got restless not having a boat and ended up ordering one in July.  I did lots and lots of research and looked at a lot of different boats but then just decided I'll order one with everything I want on it.  You'll probably get the best price on one if you wait for the shows unless you find maybe a 2015 that's equipped the way you want it.  This will be my 4th boat and every one of those was ordered.

A lot on this forum about toon storage not staying dry.

Have you done a boat build yourself on the website? An S boat for $70 more is just not a good value.

My next one will one with the throttle next to the captains chair.

The point was making. You can get a lot more for your $ you just have to look. I'm pretty sure it would not cost 10k to add 50 hp and esp.

The boat shows can have some great deals.  We got lucky at the show.  Dealer had ordered a 2015 model before the price increase in December.  It had everything we were looking for and we liked the color.  The show price was good, we upgraded the engine, got 2 extra years warranty on the engine because of a boat show special and got pricing that was fair to everybody.  

Ordering now can be a good plan also,  Some dealers have booked slots in the Bennington manufacturing schedule for the winter. You can get some great deals. 

We also got an extra 2 years on the engine and only took 5 weeks to receive.  Was glad we got ours ordered before the rush in late winter, early spring!

Back