Speed Contest

lakeliving

Reaction score
I figured it might be fun to have a speed contest amongst the members here. I'm open to suggestions but was thinking of having it by series (S, G, R, Q) Post your speed (based on gps), hull configuration and your series. I also think the river guys have an advantage so indicate that with a C (current). No other rules besides that. Take your seats out and leave the family behind to save weight, run in colder water. Doesn't matter, just do what you can to reach your highest top speed.

As with all contests here, no prizes. Just an excuse for us to put the hammer down, burn some gas and have some friendly competition!

This may also give potential buyers good information to use when determining which is the fastest configuration based on actual owner results.

S model.  24SSL. 150 hp.  51 mph.  GPS.  Express package. Just this morning. 39 degrees. While on the trailer hitched to my Envoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last summer my Tritoon wit ESP package, 250 Verado with Simon reflash I got 53mph.  That was with an Enertia 19P.  I have ordered an ECO 19P that I will put on the boat and will update the speed I get.  When I go to the Merc Prop finder and enter all my data from last year, it tells me the Eco should get me to about 59mph, but I know these are just estimates and not very accurate.

Last summer my Tritoon wit ESP package, 250 Verado with Simon reflash I got 53mph.  That was with an Enertia 19P.  I have ordered an ECO 19P that I will put on the boat and will update the speed I get.  When I go to the Merc Prop finder and enter all my data from last year, it tells me the Eco should get me to about 59mph, but I know these are just estimates and not very accurate.

What size boat?

Most impressive

2013 24SSRX SPS Yamaha F150 Reliance Stainless 14.5 by 15 prop slow river current 40.7 mph. Nice idea Andy.

2013 2275RCW w/ESP, Mercury Verado 250 Pro, 18p Enertia 50.9 mph

2013 2275RCW w/ESP, Mercury Verado 250 Pro, 18p Enertia 50.9 mph

Now you just need a Simon reflash and an ECO 19P prop, you will be at 60 in that 2275!  :)

When I go to the Merc Prop finder and enter all my data from last year, it tells me the Eco should get me to about 59mph, but I know these are just estimates and not very accurate.

I don't see anyone gaining 6 mph with only a prop change, but feel free to prove me wrong. ;-)

Now you just need a Simon reflash and an ECO 19P prop, you will be at 60 in that 2275!  :)

Indeed, maybe with a 20[, setback jack plate, and av gas ;-)

I don't see anyone gaining 6 mph with only a prop change, but feel free to prove me wrong. ;-)

Yeah, I don't either since I am tuned in quite well.  But yes, many people can get a 5 or 6mph increase in a prop change because many people don't have a clue and are running the wrong pitch, by a lot.  Just the people on my lake don't even know what there rpm's are supposed to be.  Not everyone researches on these forums like us :)

Indeed, maybe with a 20[, setback jack plate, and av gas ;-)

But honestly, your boat being one size smaller than mine, you could easily get 5mph more than me, so I don't know why it would be out of the question.

2011 22RLi- 20hp Yamaha-prop unknown-12mph   :p

My kind of speed SemperFi, just cruising along

Yes, perhaps we should have a "lowest noise/vibration" contest for these  ^_^  Set a drink in the cupholder and look for ripples.

2014 24SLX3, SPS, Yamaha F200, Reliance Stainless 14.25 x 17 prop, 45.0 mph GPS.  In an isolated bay so no current, but have only hit 45.0 once.  Mid 43s is more typical and even then my wife is yelling at me to slow down 

Boat 2013  2075 GL. Motor, 2003 50hp Merc. Top Speed 19mph Prop.,Yes  

2014 24 SSLX SPS Yamaha F200, Reliance 15" prop, 43.8mph. (Jealous of JTaylor's speed!!)

Back