Stains From Mooring Cover

Jack M

Reaction score
While I was at the dealer today I heard about some defective thread ( unknowingly ) used at the factory on the mooring covers that is causing the " Mooring Cover " to stain the furniture .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took delivery of my new Bennington 2250GSR with Black Mooring Cover and Ivory upholstery. I also noticed blue streaks on upholstery where cover touches upholstery and have attempted to clean without success.

I was told that stains will not come out and the furniture needs to be replaced .

Just took delivery of my new Bennington 2250GSR with Black Mooring Cover and Ivory upholstery. I also noticed blue streaks on upholstery where cover touches upholstery and have attempted to clean without success.
Contact your dealer ASAP, so it can be documented. They can address with Bennington customer service.

We have a yellow cover that faded on the tops of our seats. Found out that the run of lot numbers showed defective material. Bennington is replacing our seats that were stained.

WooHoo !! Bennington steps up again.

My new Bennington is being delivered this afternoon! I've seen the post regarding the defective mooring cover thread which is bleeding onto the upholstery, cauing permanent stains.

Is anyone aware of a lot number that may be indicated on the cover that I could check to see if my cover may have the same problem? I'd expect that Bennington would have recalled any such covers by now. My dealer was unaware of the problem.

I do not have any lot numbers .My first order that I canceled and the dealer took was one of the bad ones . That order was placed in February .

I am going for my walk through today and taking delivery on Friday of my re order . ( it was built the week of May 20th ) I was told that that one is OK .

My dealer told me that he has 5 of the bad ones . I had also heard that close to Two Hundred are involved .

My cover is Amber Yellow and the pontoon was built in June 2012. It was among some that had the defective canvas.

What other colors and build dates have had this issue with the defective canvas?

Anyone from Bennington monitoring these posts? It would be nice to hear that the company has dealt with this problem.

Anyone from Bennington monitoring these posts? It would be nice to hear that the company has dealt with this problem.
The forum is followed by TB, an employee of Bennington that does this on the their available free time.

As stated in previous threads, THIS IS NOT BENNINGTON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

TB will help out when possible, but does not check in hourly or sometimes daily.

If you have a dire need, you can PM TB, and they will follow up when time permits.

The one that I personally saw was Blue ,not sure about the build date .It was at the dealer at the beginning of May

Back