Storage of Bowrider Bennington

FlyDeltaJets

Reaction score
Hey Everyone-
I’m new around here and just acquired my first Pontoon boat. We just took delivery of a Bowrider 25’. Due to the unusual nature of the center toon being the wide VHaul shape I am having a storage conundrum. The marina we store at has mostly pontoon of all shapes and sizes and is extremely reputable. When they lifted the boat for the first time the fork lift operator looked under the boat and was like “what the hell is going on with your center toon”? Being the proud new owner I told him all about the new design and how great the boat handled. He nodded and said yeah it’s cool but it won’t sit right in the dry stack so we have to leave it on the floor! I have stored a ton of boats over the years but never a toon and certainly never on the floor. He sat the boat down flat on the floor like some other high end big twin engine toons in the barn and said it was good! Does this seem ok? Can the the boat sit flat on the floor without support? Sorry for such a noob question.

Happy Boating
Mike

My dealer had one on his showroom floor, his service department had to do something to the trailer, and I dont recall what . I wont see him until the middle of next week . He did sell it right away

I’d imagine the newer bow rider will present some quirks in certain potential situation: perhaps bunk storage as the OP mentioned, or certain trailer bed set ups, or certain lift/hoist set ups. I wonder, can someone even put tritoon Sea Legs on the bow rider if they wanted to?

I’ve gotten into one bow rider on the showroom floor about a year ago, and it was nice. However, I don’t really remember any details about the spacing underneath with its unique and massive center pontoon-type hull.

At least the forklift operator was able to pick your boat up. When we first moved to Lake Norman we inquired about keeping our boat at the local Benny dealership. But the configuration of the I/O motorpod made it about impossible to get the "forks" in between the motorpod and the outside toons. They're simply wasn't enough room. I can imagine that it's pretty tight under that Bowrider model too.......

I would ask Bennington this question. A flat floor would seem to evenly distribute weight across all touch points which may be a good thing. Typically wood, plastic or foam are placed under the welds but that could be done specifically for uneven environments.

I don't remember if any lifting strakes fall below the bottom of the toons, but it they do I wouldn't want those bearing the weight.

At least the forklift operator was able to pick your boat up. When we first moved to Lake Norman we inquired about keeping our boat at the local Benny dealership. But the configuration of the I/O motorpod made it about impossible to get the "forks" in between the motorpod and the outside toons. They're simply wasn't enough room. I can imagine that it's pretty tight under that Bowrider model too.......
I've run into several indoor storage facilities that won't fork tritoons.

I've run into several indoor storage facilities that won't fork t

I've run into several indoor storage facilities that won't fork tritoons.
Nautical on this forum had one of his toons scratched to hell by a fork on his old R. And they are supposed to be carpeted.....

As long as the floor is “flat” I wouldn’t think it would make any difference sitting there or a rack.

Welcome pilot! I have a nephew who flies for Delta as well. Post some pictures of your new Benny! I think you're going to love her...

Back