Straight Bimini vs Curved Bimini

MRJ

Reaction score
Besides looks, is there any advantage of one over the other?
Not interested in the lighted version.

I personally think it's just looks.

I believe the straight is slightly longer but I think the looks of the curved makes up for that.

Due to the shape, the curved gives a slightly lower overall height when in the 'trailer' position as well.

We got curved due to to the looks. Just looks like it flows nicely with the curves of the side rails.

Disc. That’s what we wanted to get on our 2017 build. I was bummed. Kind of the reason we went with curved one.

On our 2019 build we have the hybrid top. It looks slightly different than the one posted above.

Ditto the above. I think the straight gives a “little more” shade coverage, but we much prefer the looks of the curved. We went with that, and would stick with it.

On our 2019 build we have the hybrid top. It looks slightly different than the one posted above.

You probably have the “open sport arch” .. similar but not Hybrid. Hybrid was like a double where part folded back and you tied water sport tubes and such to it for storage then flipped it back up to lock it.

You probably have the “open sport arch” .. similar but not Hybrid. Hybrid was like a double where part folded back and you tied water sport tubes and such to it for storage then flipped it back up to lock it.

Thanks SEMPERFI :)

Last edited:
In my avatar photo you can see the look of the dual curved bimini. I'm not sure about coverage but it sure does look better. We've never really had any issues with shade coverage on the boat. Every seat seems to have ample coverage. Goes really well with the black out package because the bimini supports are painted black also

Back