Suggested prop

kdorrington

Reaction score
I have a 23 foot Bennington pontoon with Sea Legs. The sea legs weigh around 400 pounds. My motor is a Yamaha 4 stroke 115. I want to buy a new prop that might give me 5 mph more. Anyone have any suggestion on what I should buy?

Need more info from you - current prop - Max RPM and the speed.

I have a 2017 22' (Express tube package) w/ Yamaha VF115 and use a Turning Point 13.5x15 4 blade that i like.
6 people, RPMS are about 5800 @ 28 mph and jumps out of the water.​
Just wife and I, max RPM's 6200 @ 33mph.​
Thought about trying the 13.25x17 size.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Any pictures of your Bennington, we all liking looking at them. New Bennington?

Ditto Toddk9’s info request above to start to answer your inquiry. Would also need to know if you have a traditional bi-toon or tritoon. Lifting strakes?.

Also, check out the LIST YOUR SPECS HERE thread to find comparable Bennington’s to yours and see what they are using and what their performance numbers are.

One other comment...

It's unlikely that a prop change will get you 5 mph top end speed... Especially with the addition of 400lbs of weight...

I'm just trying to help you set expectations. 5 mph top end is a LOT for a boat. It would be like saying you would like tire recommendations for your Ford Fiesta to shave 3 seconds off your quarter mile time. That just isn't really the factor holding you back.

What is interesting is my 2021 S21 (Bi-toon) with the same VMAX SHO 115, turning the exact same TP propeller will only get to 31 mph @5800 full fuel with my wife. 6 people, full fuel is only 25 mph @5400. That extra lift from that center log really does help with lift and speed. I think you have yours dialed in pretty well, IMHO.

Need more info from you - current prop - Max RPM and the speed.

I have a 2017 22' (Express tube package) w/ Yamaha VF115 and use a Turning Point 13.5x15 4 blade that i like.
6 people, RPMS are about 5800 @ 28 mph and jumps out of the water.​
Just wife and I, max RPM's 6200 @ 33mph.​
Thought about trying the 13.25x17 size.

I looked at my code on my blade and it said 13 1/2 x 12-k. My rpms never get offer 5,300.

Back