Suntracker

slyguy

Reaction score
Did you see that suntracker now offers a 10-year bow to stern warranty. Also new 2015 Regency coming out, high tech luxury model.  Looks like the same boat though.  http://regencyboats.com/?%C2'>

That 10 year warranty will put them out of business in five... What good is a warranty if the company is no longer around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if the boat is constantly in the shop....

LOL

When at the boat show they told me if anything goes wrong it goes wrong in the first year 

That is why they only give a one year guarantee

Now to hear 10 years 

I cant see how

They screw their flooring down

The screws loosen the first year

I am happy I bought the Bennington 

QUALITY Throughout

happy-smiley-4.jpg

I took my wife and my mom down to West Virginia for my wife's baby shower this past Saturday and while they were at the shower I stopped at a Sun Tracker dealer in the area. I always thought Sun Trackers were supposed to be cheap, they had a Party Barge 24 XP3 (3 toons all with strakes) with a Mercury 150 available with a price tag of $39,770. I couldn't believe how expensive they are. This thing was not put together very well, the gates did not match up nicely and everything just looked kind of cheap. When I saw the price I thought maybe it had a 200 on it but it was definately a 150. I talked to the dealer and they said that the price that is listed is the price you have to pay. There is a no haggle policy or something like that. I'm just wondering what others thoughts are. It just really makes me realize the excellent value of the Bennington S Series boats.

The Suntracker Dealer on RT 8 Pittsburgh was the same 

It was this is the National Price 

There is no haggling 

At the time there was only a 1 year warranty 

The diameter of the pontoons were 23 at what we looked at 

I wanted the 25"

Everything was stock except the motor size

Boats are expensive 

You really should get what you want and need 

!

RIGHT ?

I took my wife and my mom down to West Virginia for my wife's baby shower this past Saturday and while they were at the shower I stopped at a Sun Tracker dealer in the area. I always thought Sun Trackers were supposed to be cheap, they had a Party Barge 24 XP3 (3 toons all with strakes) with a Mercury 150 available with a price tag of $39,770. I couldn't believe how expensive they are. This thing was not put together very well, the gates did not match up nicely and everything just looked kind of cheap. When I saw the price I thought maybe it had a 200 on it but it was definately a 150. I talked to the dealer and they said that the price that is listed is the price you have to pay. There is a no haggle policy or something like that. I'm just wondering what others thoughts are. It just really makes me realize the excellent value of the Bennington S Series boats.
By the time they get a trailer, dealer prep and delivery charges on a Sun Tracker, they're going to be "up there" in price.  Oh, yea--sales taxes too.  My 24SSLX was substantially cheaper than their comparable model.

Ditto on my 24SSL. No brainer.

I saw this advertised in a flyer from BassPro a couple weeks back and thought the exact same thing. Wow, looks like they are really trying to go toe to toe with Bennington on the warranty now much like the car companies did following 911. Like someone else said above, if their quality is subpar the warranty will just eliminate them form the market altogether in a few years.

I think Suntracker was meant for the entry level into Boating 

The strategy is changing as the price has increased from low cost to mid range and 

From a one year warranty to now a 10 year warranty 

106858599.jpg

I looked at Suntracker when the wife finally talked me into a pontoon boat. I had the opportunity to see a Bennington docked right behind a new Suntracker. NO COMPARISON! Besides, I was able to order my 24SSLX just like I wanted, not settle for their 6 options and it was less money!

I also looked at Suntracker and at first look they seemed fine. I know they have been around forever and have many happy owners.

I don't buy anything without doing extensive research first. Glad I ended up with Bennington.

The first boat I looked at was a Tracker 254 with a 250 or 300 Verado. Seemed nice, but you have very limited option choices and NO choice when it comes to dickering on the price. Kinda felt like they were saying "we decided what you wanted and needed, and this is the price." When I looked at Bennington, and what I paid for it, compared to the Tracker, well, there was no comparison. I stopped and looked at the Trackers when I was at BPS last month and now that I have spent a lot of time modding my Bennington it is easy to spot major differences in quality and workmanship.

ct0218

The first boat I looked at was a Tracker 254 with a 250 or 300 Verado. Seemed nice, but you have very limited option choices and NO choice when it comes to dickering on the price. 

I was able to "Dicker" with my Bennington Dealer

Everything I "Dickered" for was written into the sales agreement 

Unfortunately I didnt receive any of it !!!

No need to beat a dead horse 

BUT

"Everything Depends On Your Dealer "

92504427.jpg

We purchased ours at the Los Angeles boat show. Went there with every intention of buying a Premier but decided we should look around. When we got to the Bennington area we knew we were hooked! Theres no beating the quality, the sales group really were friendly (free beer sure did get us into a higher model lol) but we have never regretted our decision.

ct0218

The first boat I looked at was a Tracker 254 with a 250 or 300 Verado. Seemed nice, but you have very limited option choices and NO choice when it comes to dickering on the price. 

I was able to "Dicker" with my Bennington Dealer

Everything I "Dickered" for was written into the sales agreement 

Unfortunately I didnt receive any of it !!!

No need to beat a dead horse 

BUT

"Everything Depends On Your Dealer "

92504427.jpg
Our dealer sales group was so friendly it was hard to get mad at them but I emailed and texted everything so that I could keep proof of our discussions. We held them to every detail and it took a long time to get what we agreed upon but no thats old news. Stand your ground.

Pittsburg,

Yes, everything depends on the dealer. I am very happy with my dealer, and got not only a much better price than any other dealer offered, but everything was correct. He even threw in extra stuff, and charged next to nothing for extra rigging, etc. Sorry for your bad experience, all of them aren't like that.

Clark, who did you buy your boat from?

Tri-County Marine, Granite Falls, NC, dealt with the owner, Mike Carr

Back