Table Rock Lake

We haven't taken our own boat out yet. We're storing ours at Rend Lake in IL. But we have boated many times on Table Rock with others.

Are there any other members who boat on Table Rock Lake??

Jack
There is now.... :rolleyes:

Just pick up our 2013 24' Bennington '=

We are in the Shell Knob area

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Paul, it's good to hear from a fellow Table Rocker! Congrats on the new boat and hope to see you on the lake some time. We boat out of the Kimberling City area but occasionally make it up your way (was just there last Firday night to eat at the Steak Inn).

Jack

Have ordered a 2013 2275GS this past Saturday. Looking for a place to park it on Table Rock Lake that is not far from Nixa. Anyone have any info about available slips nearby? thanks, handshake, stan

Afisman,

There are slips available for lease through the Port of Kimberling Marina in Kimberling City which is about 35 minutes south of Nixa on highway 13. I have leased from them for 7 years and have been pleased with their service. I usually deal with "Susan" at 417-739-2315. Hope to see you around this summer!

Jack

I grew up in the KC area and have been going to table rock for most of my life. It is my favorite lake but I now live in Wisconsin. Going to retire there though and just ordered our Table Rock Boat, 2375 GCW express package and Yamaha 150, our second Bennington. Our first one was not fast enough to get back in case we needed it.We go every summer for a week or so though and there are lots of Benni's on the lake. Hope you enjoy your Bennington experience. One of the best lakes in the Midwest.

Afisman,

There are slips available for lease through the Port of Kimberling Marina in Kimberling City which is about 35 minutes south of Nixa on highway 13. I have leased from them for 7 years and have been pleased with their service. I usually deal with "Susan" at 417-739-2315. Hope to see you around this summer!

Jack
Thanks Admiral. We leased a spot at Rockwood Resort yesterday. It is managed by the Indian Point Marina staff. On a quite cove. Looking forward to going to "sea" again. Handshake, stan

Afisman,

I am familiar with that area and it is good! Now that they have the road situated to bypass the Silver Dollar City traffic it is much easier to get down Indian Point that it was a few years ago. I hope to see you on the lake!

Jack

Jack - I posted on Steve's Kansas thread. My older bro keeps his toon at Campbell Point. Used to spend quite a bit of time at Table Rock when I was young. I went to KU, know a lot of folks from Hutch.

walstadins wrote (on the KS thread):

"Okay, let's see - I'm new here. Ordered a 2250 GSR last week, black, tritoon, pretty much decked out. Geoffrey - you live in Lawrence. I went to KU and have a bunch of good friends (fraternity brothers) that live in Lawrence, most of them from there. Jack - My brother is on Table Rock - keeps his toon at Campbell Point. We're from Joplin - spent a lot of time there when there were still trees standing in the water. Great lake. And, also have friends from Hutch and dated a couple of girls from there. If "65" is your graduation year from high school, I probably know some of your classmates. Or, "65" could be the year you were brought into this world. We're on Grand Lake O' the Cherokees in NE Oklahoma - on Monkey Island"

KU is a good school, however I graduated from WSU (go Shockers) but still am a KU basketball fan.

I am very familiar with Campbell point as they have a floating restaurant that is a good place to eat. We keep our boat at the What's Up Dock Marina in Kimberling City. We like that area because it is a central part of the lake and fairly close to Branson.

The "65" is not the year I graduated but is close - I graduated from Hutch High in 66! The "65" refers to my other hobby/passion - a 65 K code Mustang (pics in my gallery) that I have a lot of fun with on land. I used to spend a lot of time on Grand Lake and around Monkey Island when I worked and lived in Wichita. We had some friends with a cabin cruiser they kept on the lake and we would go down a couple of times a month and go out and sleep on the boat. That was 35 years ago so I imagine the lake/area has changed a lot since then.

Jack

Well we went down to our boat slip Friday to imagine our new 2275GS docked there. Dealer has told us that our order maybe in the to be built stage around May 25. I just looked at our slip and closed my eyes and did a little dreaming. There was a new Benny parked next to our slip and boy was I jealous. Y'all are right the waiting is a killer.

Waiting is not fun but a Benny is worth it!

Jack

Just received word from our sales guy that our build date will be May 31. And maybe be delivered to them around the second week of June. I'm about to wet my pants.

Just received word from our sales guy that our build date will be May 31. And maybe be delivered to them around the second week of June. I'm about to wet my pants.
If that's what it takes ........ Wait till you ACTUALLY get it !!!!!!!

hi,

I live on Table Rock accross from Indian Point. I currently enjoy owning a Bennington 2575, my second Bennington.

Larry H

Hi Larry, we are waiting for our new Benny to arrive sometime the second week of June. We have a slip at Rockwood Resort just a little ways from Indian Point Marina. Our dealer emailed yesterday to let us know our motor had arrived. So now I have a motor, a slip and a lot of dreams. See you on the lake.

handshake, stan

I have been going to "The Rock" since the 70's. I claim being from Spfd, MO. My brand spankin new GSR2550/Yam250 is stored in Branson West on a trailer. I have hundreds of hours on that lake on a See Doo and an old Crownline. I used to use POK at Port Holiday. That is until they charged us like $400 to move our lift to the new dock after the tornado destroyed the dock and the insurance cashed them out. One guy actually said no, he had 2 boats on my dock and bought 2 slips elsewhere and moved because of it. However, POK does take care of the marina pretty well and it is probably the nicest on the lake. Their security has in the past been inconsistent. Sometimes they don't make the mandatory rounds each night to every dock.

I feel the best part of this lake is from Campbell Point to Kimberling City. I just think the dam is ugly however once you go under 86 bridge past the Bass Pro Dock its really cool. AR/MO state line area. We plan on a few one week stays there. My favorite time on TR is a week after Labor day when all the party animals and idiots are gone.

So stop and say hi sometime. I have a bright red GSR2550 ESP and a 250 Yamer Hammer. Named "The Tune" due to the sound system i put in.. Cant miss it,, it sticks out like a sore thumb....

BTW, the water is a bit colder than usual at this point.

Chris,

Sorry to hear of your not so good luck with POK. I keep my boat in a dock that is very close to their office and have not had any of the issues you mentioned. I like all of the lake and agree that the Campbell Point area is a good place to go. Many times we will pack a lunch and starting from the Kimberling City area will either go south east (past the dam) or south west (past Eagle Rock) to the MO/AR line and have lunch in AR and head back and stop and float and swim when the water warms a little more. Hope to see you and/or hear you on the lake. I am in a QCW 2575, champaign with a 250 Yammy.

Jack

Well the boats in the water and we took her for a test driver yesterday. She now has 2.5 hours on her and we are still breaking her in under the Yamaha guidelines. Has a nice feel to it and still rounding up all the "xtras" that one needs when they buy a boat. Looking forward to many years of fun and sun on Table Rock. Oh that Garmin 431s is something else. A fine piece of equipment and am glad we ordered it with the boat.

handshake, stan

Back