The 2022 Official College Football Thread

Just flipped over to the pre-game show before Penn St/Purdue. Looking forward to this game, and then MSU’s game tomorrow might.

I'm anxious to see if Jalen Berger can fill some big shoes?

Good comeback Penn St!!! Good game!

Very exciting game. Great ebb and flow. I was pulling for Purdue, but Penn St put it together to close it out. Hoping for more games like this one.

Very exciting game. Great ebb and flow. I was pulling for Purdue, but Penn St put it together to close it out. Hoping for more games like this one.
I don't really root for either team. But it was a good competitive game!

I really think tonight's Illinois/Indiana will be one.

Hoping the Maryland/Buffalo game is a good one! Ha!

Old Dominion!!!
Nice upset!

I just love the upsets. I'm hoping to see a Missouri Valley team upset a FBS program today!

SDSU @ Iowa - All local eyes on this one!
UND @ Nebraska - Rest easy Husker fans, you're safe today.
Illinois State @ Wisconsin - ok, no upset there please please, please!
UNI @ Air Force - I would not be surprised at all if the Panthers can upset the Falcons
USD @ Kansas State - They may hang with them for the first half, K State will finish it in Q3

Week 0 is fun, just a tease of what's ahead. Thurs & Fri games also help get the blood pumping, but today...today is a wonderful day. Today is to a football fan what Christmas morning is to a young child!

I have to work this morning, but will be watching B1G Tailgate in the office.

Maryland 1-0! Look out Big 10! Ha!

My Hokies are terrible. We're pulling a Nebraska and falling further and further into irrelevancy. Bad timing given all of the conference realignment, might be playing ourselves out of a Power 5 if the ACC breaks up.
Was a Hokie fan in the Beamer/Michael Vick days! Been to a bunch of games in Blacksburg. But my son went to JMU right up 81 and that was it. Never really followed VT after that!

Was a Hokie fan in the Beamer/Michael Vick days! Been to a bunch of games in Blacksburg. But my son went to JMU right up 81 and that was it. Never really followed VT after that!
I see your Dukes won. Congrats and good luck in the FBS

I see your Dukes won. Congrats and good luck in the FBS
They played well! They play App St. in a few weeks. Their old rival! They lost to Carolina 63-61! Scored 61 pts. and lost! Can you imagine....?

They played well! They play App St. in a few weeks. Their old rival! They lost to Carolina 63-61! Scored 61 pts. and lost! Can you imagine....?

Quite the contrast to:

234T
SDST03003
IOWA30227

Well you bring up another terrible loss, when JMU was an FCS team!

Those Beamer days now seem like an anomaly, not part of a trend. We stunk before he came and now we stink after he retired. Me thinks the program really was all about him and Bud Foster creating a great culture and getting recruits out of the Tidewater. Now we lose to teams with half our budget and stadiums no bigger than Texas high schools.

Pathetic.

Jeff, what are your expecting out of Sparty this season? Not exactly an overwhelming week one win.

Go Green!
Jury is still out in my mind. As for week one, is’t that classic MSU? We win decently in that final score for early season, but the victory didn’t feel as good as the score looked. That said, WMU had some nice speed, and as typical for us early season, we were not consistent on the offensive side of the ball.

I think we can have a very good year again. I think we are improved in most areas. However, losing Walker after last season remains 1 of our 2 biggest question marks (next to how much our secondary will have improved).

I think Berger and Broussard will be very good in the backfield as incoming transfers, but again Walker was on a different level as an X factor in every game last year. Can particularly Berger get close to that? We’ll see. He had a very solid game 1…but no break out runs.

I think MSU can do just as well as last season. I believe we can do that if we can play tough for every minute of each game, and not sustain any major key player injuries. However, we play some very tough teams being in the BigTen East, so we’ll see. That division is a gauntlet every season.

Back