The 2022 Official College Football Thread

Depending on how the conference championships go, I'm predicting the final CFB berths will be:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. TCU or OSU
I think that is a solid prediction. I’m with you…and OSU getting in if either USC or TCU lose in their championship games. That said, I think both will win their conference championship games, and it’ll be Georgia, U of M, USC and TCU in the playoffs.

Is it too early to talk Big 10 Basketball?!? Maryland is 8-0 and 1-0 in the conference after beating a good 16th ranked Illinois team tonight! Lot of fun to watch so far!

USC is going to lose Big against Utah! Will this knock them out of the playoffs?!?

USC is going to lose Big against Utah! Will this knock them out of the playoffs?!?
Well…I never think it’s too early to talk BigTen basketball. :cool:

Caleb Williams is a beast for USC, and his hamstring injury last night against Utah certainly showcased how important he is to the team. I think WIlliams still gets the Heisman. I really think he is the clear front runner there. That said, USC’s defense was atrocious in that second half, and Utah rolled big as a result. I really didn’t foresee a blowout Utah win. Good job Utes!

As for the BigTen, it looks like Ohio State should be back in the CFP In that #4 slot. I bet Georgia, Michigan, and TCU took notice of USC’s loss last night too. They may all have a cushion being undefeated currently, but no one wants to go into their Championship favored, and come out embarrassed like USC last night.

Is it wrong of me as a BigTen fan to pull for a (presumed matchup) Georgia victory over OSU in the CFP??? I’ve had a number of incredibly rude OSU fan situations/interactions over the years when MSU has played them. Going to be near impossible to pull for “that“ team from Columbus. :p

Well…I never think it’s too early to talk BigTen basketball. :cool:

Caleb Williams is a beast for USC, and his hamstring injury last night against Utah certainly showcased how important he is to the team. I think WIlliams still gets the Heisman. I really think he is the clear front runner there. That said, USC’s defense was atrocious in that second half, and Utah rolled big as a result. I really didn’t foresee a blowout Utah win. Good job Utes!

As for the BigTen, it looks like Ohio State should be back in the CFP In that #4 slot. I bet Georgia, Michigan, and TCU took notice of USC’s loss last night too. They may all have a cushion being undefeated currently, but no one wants to go into their Championship favored, and come out embarrassed like USC last night.

Is it wrong of me as a BigTen fan to pull for a (presumed matchup) Georgia victory over OSU in the CFP??? I’ve had a number of incredibly rude OSU fan situations/interactions over the years when MSU has played them. Going to be near impossible to pull for “that“ team from Columbus. :p
Yes I think Williams still gets the Heisman. Hell of a player! I was watching MD basketball so just saw snippets of the 2nd half. Utah could do no wrong. Didn't know they could move the ball like that! Before this game people were saying that USC has the team that could take it all! They were exposed big time! OSU is lucky USC got crushed!

All season I root against Big Blue & the Buckeyes, but it would be so cool to see an all B1G FBS championship game. (but who can knock off the Bulldogs?)

I thought K State was in trouble, but they're countering well (for now anyway)
K State just pulled ahead. What happens if TCU get a knocked off?!?

All season I root against Big Blue & the Buckeyes, but it would be so cool to see an all B1G FBS championship game. (but who can knock off the Bulldogs?)
The way teams have been playing lately it seems like everybody can be beat! Even Georgia!

I don’ know Daril. Georgia just seems like a juggernaut to me again this year. It’s hard for me to see them losing. But hey…that‘s why you lace up and play the game, right!?!

All season I root against Big Blue & the Buckeyes, but it would be so cool to see an all B1G FBS championship game.
You got me here. It would be cool!!! I just don’t think I can bring myself to cheer them on. Gotta reach deep I guess. :D

And TCU loses too. Cannot believe they didn’t just kick the field goal in OT on 4th down. I know it’s tempting when inches away. However, you practically get the ball in FG range to begin with.

I think the play selection by TCU on 1st and goal from a few inches out was poor. That said, their loss shouldn’t change anything up for he CFP like USC’s likely will.

Last edited:
In FCS land, there's a great game going on between #2 Sacramento State & Richmond.
31 - 31 with 14 minutes left.

Got a 50' over the bar in the basement and a 120" projector on the far wall. Looking at this pic, I really need to clean this place up. GO BLUE!!!!!

Attachments

• Basement.jpg
    Basement.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 12
Got a 50' over the bar in the basement and a 120" projector on the far wall. Looking at this pic, I really need to clean this place up. GO BLUE!!!!!
Nice!!! Had a ping pong table and pool table in our last house in Virginia. Looks like a fun place to hang out!!!

Back