The 2022 Official College Football Thread

I see it is officially the "I'm declaring for the draft and opting out of playing in the bowl" season.

This list will surely grow.

I understand why they are doing it. Maybe teams should have a stipulation at the beginning of their college careers stating that they will play in all bowl games or something to that effect.....

I understand why they are doing it. Maybe teams should have a stipulation at the beginning of their college careers stating that they will play in all bowl games or something to that effect.....
Or the nfl should mandate prospects finish college careers.

I get frustrated when people leave early, but I understand it and am okay with it. I am hopeful NIL actually helps keep some talent through bowl games, but I can appreciate ”the best” not risking it.

MSU fans might get this: I was 3rd in state behind Tico Ducket and Alan Haller in track and field as a sprinter and in football at running back in H.S. Not a big guy…but I was fast!

Blew my knee out senior year H.S. football. Surgery didn’t pan out in that era. College athletic full-ride scholarships offers all revoked at every school within months. Meanwhile, Tico and Alan went on to play at MSU, backups in NFL for a few years, and Alan is now our athletic director at MSU.

I can appreciate someone having ”a shot” at playing at the next level and losing it all due to a major injury. 35 years later, 3 knee reconstructions later, 4 scopes later, I can appreciate their thinking on not risking the big contract at the next level for just one more game at the collegiate level.

Get home from a Comedy show and Marylands down by almost 40 pts. WTH?!?

That’s not funny.
A friend of mine watched the game and he said that MD couldn't buy a basket in the first 10 mins of the game. UCLA was up like 32-10. Game over!

Thought it was a horrible idea for Incarnate Word to go for it on 4 and 4 with 5 minutes left in the game on the 21. Poor decision. Should. Have tied it up, and see where the game takes them

Bison capitalize and win. Congrats Bill!

MVFC fans finally get the Championship matchup we have wanted for years!
Hopefully, Frisco bars are stocked up well!

Last edited:
MVFC fans finally get the Championship matchup we have wanted for years!
Hopefully, Frisco bars are stocked up well!

Saw the matchup this morning and thought of you. Does it get any better than that in your neck of the woods? :cool:

Saw the matchup this morning and thought of you. Does it get any better than that in your neck of the woods? :cool:
For sure.
We're right in the 'gray area' being 100 miles from one and 135 miles from the other. Definitely gonna be some garage parties for this game!

Anybody going to any Bowl games?!? We are actually going to be on the road so didn't get tickets to Maryland's bowl game here in Charlotte......

I won in a raffle four club level tickets (row 3 from the field) at our work Christmas party last week for the TN vs Clemson game in Miami Fl. Since it is a 12-14 hour drive, two nights in a hotel and back to work on Monday; I managed to sell them for $600 apiece. I'm kinda kicking myself in the rear end now with sellers regret.

I won in a raffle four club level tickets (row 3 from the field) at our work Christmas party last week for the TN vs Clemson game in Miami Fl. Since it is a 12-14 hour drive, two nights in a hotel and back to work on Monday; I managed to sell them for $600 apiece. I'm kinda kicking myself in the rear end now with sellers regret.
That would have been a great warm get away for you! But good job on the $1200 profit! Ha!

Back