The Best Ohio Bennington Dealer

utah_utrup

Reaction score
Anyone in the Ohio area that wants to go to a good Marina / Bennington Dealer should go and see the people at Spend-a-Day Marina. Spend-a-Day is not even located on my lake but they have the most knowledgeable professional staff. Trust me you will not be disappointed. I bought a 2011 2250 RCW from them.

I will second that!! I drove 5 hrs to purchase a boat from them because I couldn't buy anything locally that was as nice as what they offered. They have a huge inventory and won't push you into buying what you don't want simply because they don't have it. Can we talk about the price, I feel I got a heck of a deal and would definitely buy from again even if it was 10 hrs. My hats off to Spend A Day and all Bennington dealer of that caliber.

I have to plug Buckeye Lake Marina.

I agree about Spend A Day, they are great to work with. They have great service and friendly staff.

We purchased our Crownline at Buckeye Lake, and they are a first class dealer also.

Nice to have two local dealers who provide great service.

I will put a good word in for Bayview Sun & Snow Marina in Celina. Grand Lake St. Marys

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon to be new member to Bennington Family. Monica at Spend A Day sealed us, closer to Buckeye Lake nice people also.

but when it came down to Bennington vs Manitou SES, Monica a S A D won us over

Well this is my first post and its relevant. I have to say a huge Thank You to Mike and Monica at Spend A Day.

Everything is working out and we should pick up our 13 SSLX TriToon on Saturday

We can't wait, our first new boat, our first Toon.

From what I have read pics are a must, so stay tuned

By the bye....

Hello Everyone

Well this is my first post and its relevant. I have to say a huge Thank You to Mike and Monica at Spend A Day.

Everything is working out and we should pick up our 13 SSLX TriToon on Saturday

We can't wait, our first new boat, our first Toon.

From what I have read pics are a must, so stay tuned

By the bye....

Hello Everyone
Welcome to the family, and yes, you are correct ..... PICS or it aint true !!! :D

Sounds like it's gonna be a sweet ride !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well have to give a big shout out to Sealand in Omaha Ne 402-334-8232. Paul Weber spent hours with us trying to chose the right boat! Then when our new boat was in he brought it down to the lake and spent 4 hours with us going over everything and loading and unloading the boat awesome help! And if you need reliable service Talk to Pat nothing but good things to say about them! Jay and Orley?(spelling) jumped in and answered any questions we had. Having never had a pontoon boat was not even sure what to expect but Paul walked us through everything he thought we would need and want on the boat. So glad we made the decision to buy the bennington!

We bought our new bennington from Spend A Day.  They are right on the lake and had a great selection when we were looking.   We actually took delivery the end of march on a cold 29 degree sunday morning after a few inches of snow fell saturday afternoon.......YES we took the new boat out for a test drive :D   :D     

Thanks Again Monica and the Spend A Day crew!

DSC01054_zps2a54b7f5.jpg
100_0318_zps09916b28.jpg
100_0337_zps4af28c47.jpg

My vote is Jason Clemmons over at Clemmons Boat in Bay View, OH. First class dealership with great people. If your boating on Lake Erie they have the setup for you! If you're a doubter that a pontoon can handle Erie, Jason will take you out on a ride, heck they even have rentals if you want to try one out alone.

Tell him ReelAx sent you.

We have to ditto Spend-A-Day Marina where we traded in our previous fiberglass I/O bowrider to get our new Bennington 22-SSX.  They are waterfront on the lake for Bennington sales, accessories, fuel, and service.  Great people working there.  Great boat shows each year. 

Indian lake Bum, give me some perspective on the size of the loungers in the back.  I love the look of the GSR but not sure if a 6' person could use the lounge without having to hang his legs off the side

I'm only 5'7" and if I'm laying down on the lounger (sitting with my back up on the incline) I can still touch the curved section of the rear seat with my feet.  If you are 6' tall I would say that you wouldn't be able to lay down in the lounger without hanging your feet over the edge of the seat.  The front and rear loungers look to be a mirror image of one another (the same length) with the captain and co-captain recliners in the center.  If you went with a gsr2550 (instead of the gsr2250 like we have) you might gain a little more in the length of the loungers. 

Our boat has an overall length of roughly 25-26 foot (from bow to motor) and can be a bit of a challenge when it comes to docking at times.

Here's a new side shot that I took this past weekend at the sandbar so you can get an idea of lounger length:

100_0489_zpsfc72f779.jpg

If you need actual measurements I can get you some this weekend when we go to the lake.

I also must give a shout out to John Clemons at Clemons Boats ,near Sandusky . Great people , really enjoyed working with John and staff .

Spend-a-day is da bomb!  Buy from THEM!

I have to reach out of state to Brookville Lake in Indiana. Steve's Marine was recomended to us by friends and we went to visit them.

Steve took a long time with us making sure we were getting everything that we wanted.

We walked around their lot looking at different colors and options.

Steve worked with us for 2 weeks to get everything right before we placed our order with them.

I'm happy to say that we ordered a 2016 2250 GSR with the ESP package and a Honda 150.

We can't wait for spring!

Welcome to the forum Mike..........Congrats on ordering a new Benny! Don't forget pics in the spring!

Back