The Great Loop in a Bennington

BigKahuna

Reaction score
That is quite an achievement but methinks he missed the whole point of doing the Great Loop. It's definitely not a speed contest. The idea is to enjoy the ride, the sights, the people, the culture, ... soak it all in. Most take a year or more of sea days for that reason (6000 miles), plus a few side trips. Sounds like they had a great time doing it, but to each his own.

I’ve read some neat stories over the years of people doing it. I think it would be a really neat experience.

However, I must say I would be too nervous on pontoon. Big water scares me a bit when thinking pontoons. I know, I know…plenty of you cruise on big water. Just not for me. I‘m a scaredy-cat. :p

There was a poster awhile back that was doing the Loop in his Bennington. He would travel a distance then sell his boat and buy a new one and start again. If I remember, he was in Florida getting ready to go up the east coast and was looking for recommendations for his next boat. It was before Covid and the supply problems of new boats. I hope they finished the trip.

There was a poster awhile back that was doing the Loop in his Bennington. He would travel a distance then sell his boat and buy a new one and start again. If I remember, he was in Florida getting ready to go up the east coast and was looking for recommendations for his next boat. It was before Covid and the supply problems of new boats. I hope they finished the trip.
I forgot this post. You’re right. I wonder how that leg of the trip unfolded for them, if they were able to do it?

I’ve read some neat stories over the years of people doing it. I think it would be a really neat experience.

However, I must say I would be too nervous on pontoon. Big water scares me a bit when thinking pontoons. I know, I know…plenty of you cruise on big water. Just not for me. I‘m a scaredy-cat. :p

At least a pontoon won’t typically sink. Flip yes, but sink, no. That’s why I’d feel more comfortable. Take a wave over bow or stern, it goes out eventually. Take a wave over stern of bow rider and you might be swimming with the fish. :oops:

Back