The Kaydano "Plopper"

kaydano

Reaction score
I bought the $100 porta potti with our boat, but it's just not practical to clean. WAY too many parts and nooks/crannies for me to mess with.

I liked the simplicity of the cheap "bucket" potti versions you can buy online, but none of them were 12 inches or shorter, which is absolutely necessary in order to fit under the rear lounger in a 24SSL.

So, I made this out of a five gallon bucket ($2) and a toilet seat ($5 at Walmart).

Simple. Easy. No mess. Sturdy and safe to use. I will likely add some stick on rubber feet to the bottom so it doesn't slide around in the changing room.

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n552/24SSL/Porta%20Potti/?albumview=slideshow

Nice idea! I have a Thetford port potty, and have had great luck with it. It has a big spout in the back for easy clean out. And the lower half that contains the blue water and waste separates from the upper half, so it's easier to manipulate, and less to take off the boat. No one has taken a "growler" in it yet, so I can't comment on poopy.

This is for emergency growlers only.

Everyone else goes in the lake!

You actually did a fantastic job on that emergency toilet! We entertained the idea of a porta potty...............for about 2 seconds! I just figured that if anybody really had to go to the bathroom..............I'd just take them to a nearby restaurant, park, or marina....................

Can you really call it a growler? WARNING Hahahahaha

There's a reason why there's a poop deck!

I copied the luggable loo. Would have just bought one, but it's way too tall to fit under the lounger.

I modified it a little to make the bag not rip as easily (lid fits loosely so not to tear holes) and of course used an actual seat.

I never heard "growler" used like that before! It's a great word though. I'm certain I will be using that word for the rest of my life now.

You actually did a fantastic job on that emergency toilet! We entertained the idea of a porta potty...............for about 2 seconds! I just figured that if anybody really had to go to the bathroom..............I'd just take them to a nearby restaurant, park, or marina....................
Thanks. Our lake is 15 miles long and there's only a couple places with "modern" facilities. Thus the need for the "growler boweler" (new name just for Schmeg).

Very cool! We have our Thetford because we also are on a 13 mile long lake with only one facility (marina) that can be used. My wife has M.S. and wouldn't survive being thrown overboard

for a pee in the lake, plus the water can be cold at times around here. THis requirement actually determines what floor plans we can't use. We need enough room for the "boweler".

Back