The loss of my best friend

So sorry for your loss Dave... It’s amazing how they wiggle into our lives and become part of the family’s DNA...

Here’s my little guy, Cowboy...

F95727C4-E7C8-4BC5-946C-33ADFB910673.jpeg

Thank you all for sharing your memories, their photos, and some of your new friends photos and memories.
It’s hard waking up every day, but each day I feel a little stronger. I know my boy would want me to be happy again, as happy as he made me, and I’m sure as happy as I made him.
I know it’s my journey in life to love again, and maybe, just maybe I’ll find a new friend on Friday. As hard as it is thinking about “loving” another, I know Gizmo is right there in my heart and in my memories. I find myself smiling a little more looking at his pics, yes, tears still flow too, but at least I smile a little now.
Derrick, I totally get the little quirky things that happen that make you cry ( or smirk).
I know one thing, I would not wish this past week on my worst enemy. :(

Everyone meet Bentley Winston Smith. 16 weeks old and a bundle of joy!! I can smile again and share my love again.
818D9E42-139A-47F7-8747-94D94CD66EDB.jpegEDA7D347-722A-465A-98FA-C50F1E72E562.jpeg63B8329D-F198-43F4-B315-96EA8A8E8FF9.jpeg785ED992-3FF3-45B6-A83F-1EDE287215B2.jpeg29C11C78-7A20-401D-A813-41F701B002CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy for you Dave and happy for Bentley as he found a loving home

Congratulations Dave . :)

I am very happy for you and your new family member. Heres to many years and great memories ahead.

Congrats Semp/Panthergirl!!! So how long will it take to see pics of Bentley on your Benny?!?

Good for you, Dave! And, so sorry to hear about your loss. My Skipper is passing 19 this year and though he's never been a boat cat, he was a camp cat for many seasons. Now a days, neither of us jumps very well so he stays home and tends to things here but I see it in the Vet's eyes when we talk about the future.

Enjoy your new pup!!

616E5096-DC27-4FE7-BFE5-6B657B1AD56E_1_201_a.jpeg

Congrats Semp/Panthergirl!!! So how long will it take to see pics of Bentley on your Benny?!?

Hopefully April 3rd if all goes well. Never took Gizmo on boat. He was a house pup. I want to Bentley to be more socialized. He is a sophisticated gentleman after all, with the name Bentley. ;):D

Good for you, Dave! And, so sorry to hear about your loss. My Skipper is passing 19 this year and though he's never been a boat cat, he was a camp cat for many seasons. Now a days, neither of us jumps very well so he stays home and tends to things here but I see it in the Vet's eyes when we talk about the future.

Enjoy your new pup!!

View attachment 29181
Chris my cat was 21 years old! Been several years now. Just cant seem to want another just yet!

Hopefully April 3rd if all goes well. Never took Gizmo on boat. He was a house pup. I want to Bentley to be more socialized. He is a sophisticated gentleman after all, with the name Bentley. ;):D
We are having the same issue with our dog, he doesn’t really like the boat as he gets too much stimulation and won’t ever lie down and rest. We are usually out for long periods of time and he just never seems to be comfortable. Going to try again this year and bought a small mat for him to try to get him in the water, but he may just be a house/porch dog

Our dog will never settle down on the boat and he is black so he fries in the sunshine. He just curls up at the house till we get done boating.

So sorry for your loss, SEMPERFI8387.

Lost my Black Lab/Pinscher mix Bella a year and a half ago, and then my Rottie Titan about a year ago. Life was hard after that, especially for my kids.

However, we got a new bundle of joy almost two months ago from a local rescue.

Meet Griffin!

FB_IMG_1610506934344.jpg

received_239246947752308.jpeg

PXL_20210301_230450219.jpg

Sorry for those who have had to say goodbye to their buddies....been there...tough.

On a brighter side, anyone recommend anything to help your four legged friends to get back on the boat after taking a dip? We have a border collie and need to get him back on the boat some how...looking for any recommendations

Sorry for those who have had to say goodbye to their buddies....been there...tough.

On a brighter side, anyone recommend anything to help your four legged friends to get back on the boat after taking a dip? We have a border collie and need to get him back on the boat some how...looking for any recommendations
1615853227517.jpeg

Back