Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

jsur

Reaction score
This topic came to mind after reading another thread in which a new purchase morphed into a discussion about the size of the motor.  I am not sure if this exists already, but I thought it would be a good spot for owners to communicate their regrets or mistakes when purchasing their boat.  Thus it could serve as a more concise reference instead of having to scour through hundreds of threads.  For example, I added the extra wide captains chair on my 2014 2350 RBR.  I love the chair, but it narrowed the walkway between the chair and the bar counter enough that I wish I had gone with the normal sized chair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was warned that I would regret not checking the box for electric assist steering on my 21' with SPS/150.

So, I did it. It evidently has not yet been done on a 21 footer.

Turns out to be a lot of cabbage. $2200 worth. 

Not sure I have a regret, but now having this boat I know for sure what my next one will be.  I will get a Benny Tritoon with the Windscreen for sure.  Some nights get chilly here in Maine and I miss the windscreen of my bowrider on those chilly night rides.  Makes a huge difference.

I do love my boat! However, if I had the option to do it over I would have gone 300 vs. 250.

Just picked up my QSB 2575 yesterday.  Chose to go with the Ivory Classic because I know from the last boat, the lighter the color fabric the less hot the seats get, plus easy to keep looking brand new.  However, the Ivory Classic fabric used in (at least) the Q-series is not the soft vinyl, it's the new stuff they are putting in the boat that is not as soft and quite frankly looks cheaper although they say it's an upgrade and better (I guess we'll see if that's the case).  I would have sacrificed the temperature for the soft vinyl interior even if I had to go with a darker color.   Those ordering the Ivory Classic interior as your main color beware!  If anyone else out there has any experience with the new style of fabric please leave some feedback with your experience with the fabric, what you use to clean it with (Bennington says to use just 10% soap and water) interested in your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
No regrets. Except we should have sold our bow rider sooner so we could have gotten into our Benny sooner........

I have the normal regrets, bigger/faster/etc.  If I'd known what I know now I'd up bumped up to the G series for ESP and the 250HO as now the boss won't let me upgrade.( she wants a new job first...go figure!) the one that drives me nuts to this day was not putting some form of protectant on the seats before we put in the water, they are 100x easier to clean with it. Would of paid for it if it was an option! One last piece is the raised helm, if you can afford it, it's well worth it. Didn't do it once it came down to it, miss it! I really do love our Bennington, as its only an S series boat I get constant compliments and suggestions that's it a lot more expensive than what we'd paid for it. 

2 regrets. 

1.) should have sprung for a lift year one. 

2.) I sold her...:(

2 1/2... I I were to spec out a boat today, I'd probably get a Verado over a SHO

Probably should have added in floor storage. Even though we live on the lake and don't need to haul everything it would have made a nice time out room for the kid.

Not paying more attention in school .... Maybe I'd own a "Q" instead of an "R" ..  :D

I regret not getting a bigger engine.  I got a big heavy boat with moderate power, but when I fill it up with people, I can't pull a tube :(

Also would have probably gone with seagrass over the carpet, but time will tell how that seagrass holds up.

The only thing I would have done is let Bennington put the Sharkhide on.  Wasn't really a big deal to put on or anything but it would have been much simpler to just them do it.  I pretty much loaded my boat when I ordered it except for some underwater and deck lighting.  I didn't opt for those options because we can't use them while underway here.  Ticket material.

If the 65 and no rain forecast holds up the boat will be coming out!

I should have pushed B harder to get 2 or 4 gauge pre-wired and/or a conduit from the battery area under the rear lounger to the helm for future stereo additions. Other than that, the boat is just right  :)

I should have pushed B harder to get 2 or 4 gauge pre-wired and/or a conduit from the battery area under the rear lounger to the helm for future stereo additions. Other than that, the boat is just right  :)

I snaked some flexible conduit in before my underskinning was installed for that very purpose. Kind of a pre-rig of sort. Never did use it, but it's there for the next owner.

Seems simple enough for BM to do as an option, or even standard.

Hey Folks, I just joined the club and am waiting for delivery of my 22SSRX with the Mercury 150 Hp. Would love to hear from others out there who have similar Horsepower on the 22SSRX. Is that enough ?

I have a 24SSRX with a Yamaha 150 and I hit 40 regularly. Great for tubing also. 

Back