This pontoon isn't a pontoon it's a sub

No way would ever accept a weld to fix that pontoon. You do everything possible to force them to replace that toon. It is a brand new boat!
absolutely like I said. If I was to sell it tomorrow, the dealership would see that and would see that issue and would take money because of that. It's allot of money and to have something like that, it's not acceptable.

I’d have a lawyer send them a letter and demand they either replace the toon within xxx time frame or you’ll sue for damages and loss of use. Will cost you 400-500 bucks but ball will start moving again.

I’d have a lawyer send them a letter and demand they either replace the toon within xxx time frame or you’ll sue for damages and loss of use. Will cost you 400-500 bucks but ball will start moving again.
thanks for the advice

Whatever you do make sure the dealer stated in writing what they’ll do. It’s been on here before...... we’ll get it at the end of the season and that never comes!

Wow. Just saw your photo for the first time. I'm surprised they were even able to lift it high enough to do that kind of damage!

That is definitely NOT caused by forward motion, therefore, not done on the water. It was either dropped or backed into something while on the trailer. No question in my mind.

That's pretty ugly. I retract my earlier post about drilling, welding, and forgetting about it. Pictures are worth a thousand words. 10,000 in this case.

By the way, Bennington has come through on far less. This is clearly something that can't be fixed and needs to be replaced. Obviously your dealer is your first course, but if a dealer baulks even a little, I would not hesitate to contact Bennington to help them push on the dealer.

Also, even if they replace the toon, check the M brackets above the dent and see if any of those have damage.

If a strap did break, the entire boat was suspended by the two corners adjacent to the corner with the dent. You'll want to look at those points as well and see if anything looks bent. Good luck with this. Hope the best happens for you. Keep us posted.

Also, even if they replace the toon, check the M brackets above the dent and see if any of those have damage.

If a strap did break, the entire boat was suspended by the two corners adjacent to the corner with the dent. You'll want to look at those points as well and see if anything looks bent. Good luck with this. Hope the best happens for you. Keep us posted.
Thanks for many advices. I really didn't know what else could be an issue and what I should check. I honestly believe because it was a show peace, perhaps something went wrong at one point when putting it on the floor. I greatly appreciate you help and advice. I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
You can see in the picture where the boat came down hard on the keel at a listing rearward angle. A surface area of about 1 square inch took all the weight. It clearly, in my opinion, was dropped stern first onto a hard surface.

Whatever you do make sure the dealer stated in writing what they’ll do. It’s been on here before...... we’ll get it at the end of the season and that never comes!

Yup...make sure you get it in writing.

Watching several of these threads as I have not bought yet and have seen several on is board that have leaked but obviously this is NOT Bennington's fault but will be watching to see who does what to make it right.....
With the new ownership of Bennington will be interesting to see if the company still always does the right thing for the customer....The new owner Polaris is known for trying to deny warranty repairs on their other machines...

That would be frustrating. The small welded holes will be just as good as new. Don't let this ruin your summer time fun. Let them fix it temporarly and deal with if on the off season. Dents and tears are a differant story. Be persistent.

I'm sure all the other manufactures have leaking tubes also. We are just hearing about the Bennington tubes here.

Watching several of these threads as I have not bought yet and have seen several on is board that have leaked but obviously this is NOT Bennington's fault but will be watching to see who does what to make it right.....
With the new ownership of Bennington will be interesting to see if the company still always does the right thing for the customer....The new owner Polaris is known for trying to deny warranty repairs on their other machines...
I'm not sure who is responsible. I don't think it came like that from the company. If it did, I would assume that the dealership would of do a one over prior to accepting it because f there experience. That being said, I'm curious to see what the dealership is going to do for me. One thing for sure, if I would of dropped it, I honestly don't know how I would of put it back on the trailer. It's very important to keep in mind that this pontoon boat was a show peace and was brought from expo to expo to mall etc. The pontoon when I first saw it was directly on the floor. When put on the floor, I would assume they need to drop it by putting the back of the pontoon on the floor first. That is the reason why the back of the pontoon is it the way it is. If that pontoon would of contacted a rock, it would of been scratches etc. Hopefully they do things right.

Just out of curiosity, what model and pontoon configuration is this boat?

If it was a boat that was constantly on display there's a good chance that this particular corner, and the entire pontoon, was not blocked correctly when sitting on the hard surface of a display location floor resulting in perhaps a good percentage of the weight of the boat being supported by the end of that keel piece and the thin tube above it.

If the boat is configured with two 25" tubes in particular I can see how this could happen.

Almost looks as if it was pucked up by a forklift and not balanced properly abd come down in that ebd. Wgats the other toon look like?

Good morning to all. First of all I would like to thank everyone that gave me tips on how to deal with this insident. The dealership as decided to make things right by replacing the damaged pontoon free of charge. I'm very happy with the outcome. I also agree with one of the follower that it could of happen to any brand of pontoon and that it's not only isolated to a perticular one. On that not happy sailling to all of yha and have a great day!!!

The entire “pontoon” or the pontoon “tube”? Either way great outcome, and hopefully you can get on the water quickly and enjoy!!!

Back