Throttle Control

Lone_Star

Reaction score
So when docking the boat (2250 GSR with Yamaha 115) It seems as though I have to move the throttle lever extremely far into the reverse to even get it to engage. 1 time I thought it wasn't going to engage (That is how far I went), brought it back to neutral and tried again. Is there an adjustment, or is this typical?

Thanks!

Sounds about right. Should have to move about the same distance to shift into either direction but you will not get as much throttle range in reverse.

Well I guess that is good, just a little scary when trying to dock......Im used to a 22' Grady White control, so maybe I just need to get used to the new boat.

Hmmm .... I only have a small Yami, but mine engages reverse same distance as forward, which is not very far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. My Yamaha 150 engages a click out of neutral in both directions.

I have the 115 as well and I have noticed this but mine engages reverse OK but has a longer throw on the lever to increase speed response

Same as snakebyte but when in reverse to backup barely moving, wondering how fast dano is trying to go in reverse :wacko:

Glad to hear others have the same issue, it engages right away, but a lot of travel to get it moving.

You guys are worrying about nothing.

Back