To Treat Or Not To Treat

glorey

Reaction score
Ok we have a 2013 2375GCW with the sandstone pillowtop interior upgrade. I have up to now not used any vinyl protectant or cleaner. ( our dealer said we would be better with just soap and water) In all my past experiences including both of our other bennys I have used some cleaner protectant on them. What do all of you have as experience? It has been easy to clean and it is almost a matte finish so not glossy like my other boats. I feel like I am neglecting my baby.

We use mild soap and water to clean it, then every few weeks give it a full treatment of 303 protectant. I've been doing that for years on my boats and it seems to work well.

Same as TomS..........little soapy/sudsy water then rinse. Then 303. My boat is 9 yrs. old (my 6th season w/it) and the seats/upholstery still looks new..............TREAT IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do the same as Tom and my seats always look like new! :lol:

We use a concoction of raccoon urine and water. Works great, but it was hard potty training the raccoon :D . Like everyone else, 303 all the way. Plus my boat guru told me to use Fantastik to clean off the seats.

I completely cleaned my interior last weekend. Came back today to a willow fly hatch, and they're all over the boat. I got the yard blower after them.

303 is the stuff to use. My problem continues to be those spider droppings from the boathouse ceiling. Unfortunately, nothing will get off the pinhead spider stains on the seats. I think industrial pesticide is one answer. And constructing a heavy set of seat covers.

The mooring cover is just too hard to put on since we use the boat so often most of the summer.

We use Mean Green to clean the seats. Or, Zep Orange Degreaser/Cleaner which is the best cleaner I've ever seen. We put 303 Fabric Protector on the mooring cover and the bimini top.

Bamaman, I guess you are still having the spider problems even after treating? I am really wanting to purchase something to get rid of the spiders. Do we need to keep looking? Thanks, Steve

A great all round pesticide for spiders is Suspend SC. It kills many different insects, and it has something in the liquid that makes it effective for quite sometime. I mix the concentrate in a 1 gallon pump up sprayer.

Suspend SC is not available at your local Home Depot or Lowes, as this is a professional product. BugSpray.com has instructional tutorials online about getting rid of as many as 150 different bugs and critters. Bugspray sells all the really good chemicals as well as animal traps.

I cleaned my two screened porches today, and will be spraying Suspend tomorrow. I'll also be spraying the boathouse ceiling. I'm looking to kill'em, not scare those bugs into leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like all above, 303,303,303,303. Great stuff!!!!

They also have a cleaner to along with their protectant. I purchased some to try and to be honest, I was not impressed. The mild dish soap and water clean better.

303 is the best! I live by it!!!

I was going to recommend 303, but it looks like everyone else already has recommended it!!!!

Where is the best place to buy 303? online or do certain store chains carry it?

I buy from my local marina whenever possible, since they do carry it. Otherwise, Amazon, Overtons, West Marine, etc.

We use a concoction of raccoon urine and water. Works great, but it was hard potty training the raccoon :D . Like everyone else, 303 all the way. Plus my boat guru told me to use Fantastik to clean off the seats.
VERY IMPORTANT....Just make sure to only use a mouthful of the raccoon urine.

Back