Took the Plunge - 23LSB

claustralia

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update yall on the build I just completed. Needless to say, this has been quite the process. I don't even want to think about how many hours I have spent researching the different options but am happy that it is now complete. Sadly, I wish I would've got in earlier with the price increases this year, but it is what it is. We put in the deposit and now we wait -- looking at a late July delivery.

Here are the specs:

2022 23LSB (apparently it is a 2022 since we are so late in the year)
  • SPS Package
  • Yamaha F200
  • Power hydraulic assist steering
  • Textured Panels - Monaco blue with midnight black accent (wish we could've done the blackout but had to save some money for other options)
  • Silver simtex - Monaco blue furniture accent (although I thought it was a little 'loud' as some have said, the family really liked it so the vote was to keep it)
  • 80% cutout (didn't see the need for the additional cupholders with all the ones included)
  • Black canvas double curved bimini with the bimini cable stays (decided to get the double since the heat can get pretty brutal down here in Texas - we'll see how it does with the cable stays when underway)
  • Standard ladder
  • Stainless Steel Aft Rail with Dual Gates (this was a tough choice over the keeper rail. In the end we sacrificed the openness on the deck for the ability to sit on the swingback without being blocked by the keeper rail.)
  • Swingback Plus with lighted speaker grill (we almost submitted with the original swingback but figured we should get the latest and greatest for the additional seating options, primarily the laying flat)
  • V2 Pure Comfort Recliner Upgrade
  • Elevated Helm (added this one after I read everyone's comment about it being the one thing they wish they had)
  • RGB controller with the toe kick lighting (speaker lighting is std)
  • Kicker sub and amp upgrade
  • Rockford PMX 2 upgrade
  • Striker 4 graph
  • Dual battery with switch
  • In floor storage
  • Starboard bow cooler (I know a lot of people say its not the best but I think we can get some use out of it)
  • Wavetamer to bow upgrade
  • Bow pop-up cleats
  • Stainless steel rub rail
  • Privacy option in the swingback
  • Ski tow bar
I would have never gotten half of these items without the endless help from everyone on this forum so thank you all for that! Special shoutout to Vikingstaff for giving me tons of advice in DMs. Hopefully, we are buying our first boat, last. I think my only regret would be not getting the 24. The main reason though, was the build forces you to use the ball and socket style bimini (front), which I read was not a great option, especially if trailering. I think I can finally get some sleep now...lol

I will, of course, share some pictures when it arrives. Looking forward to hearing yalls thoughts!

Congratulations !

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update yall on the build I just completed. Needless to say, this has been quite the process. I don't even want to think about how many hours I have spent researching the different options but am happy that it is now complete. Sadly, I wish I would've got in earlier with the price increases this year, but it is what it is. We put in the deposit and now we wait -- looking at a late July delivery.

Here are the specs:

• SPS Package
  • Yamaha F200
  • Textured Panels - Monaco blue with midnight black accent (wish we could've done the blackout but had to save some money for other options)
  • Silver simtex - Monaco blue furniture accent (although I thought it was a little 'loud' as some have said, the family really liked it so the vote was to keep it)
  • 80% cutout (didn't see the need for the additional cupholders with all the ones included)
  • Black canvas double curved bimini with the bimini cable stays (decided to get the double since the heat can get pretty brutal down here in Texas - we'll see how it does with the cable stays when underway)
  • Standard ladder
  • Stainless Steel Aft Rail with Dual Gates (this was a tough choice over the keeper rail. In the end we sacrificed the openness on the deck for the ability to sit on the swingback without being blocked by the keeper rail.)
  • Swingback Plus with lighted speaker grill (we almost submitted with the original swingback but figured we should get the latest and greatest for the additional seating options, primarily the laying flat)
  • Elevated Helm (added this one after I read everyone's comment about it being the one thing they wish they had)
  • Rockford PMX 2 upgrade
  • Striker 4 graph
  • In floor storage
  • Starboard bow cooler (I know a lot of people say its not the best but I think we can get some use out of it)
  • Bow pop-up cleats
  • Ski tow bar
I would have never gotten half of these items without the endless help from everyone on this forum so thank you all for that! Special shoutout to Vikingstaff for giving me tons of advice in DMs. Hopefully, we are buying our first boat, last. I think my only regret would be not getting the 24. The main reason though, was the build forces you to use the ball and socket style bimini (front), which I read was not a great option, especially if trailering. I think I can finally get some sleep now...lol

I will, of course, share some pictures when it arrives. Looking forward to hearing yalls thoughts!
Congratulations!

Very nice! Pics when you get it!

Hey everyone,

Here are the specs:

• SPS Package
  • Yamaha F200
  • Standard ladder
  • Rockford PMX 2 upgrade
  • Striker 4 graph
  • In floor storage
  • Bow pop-up cleats
  • Ski tow bar

Well done - sorry, but now you start shopping for all the extra's which makes the boat order look EASY - LOL. Enjoy!!!!

Hey everyone,

Here are the specs:

• SPS Package
  • Yamaha F200
  • Standard ladder
  • Rockford PMX 2 upgrade
  • Striker 4 graph
  • In floor storage
  • Bow pop-up cleats
  • Ski tow bar

Two month delivery ? Really ?

Congrats. Sounds like a well thought out build.

Congratulations!!! Crazy how much goes into placing an order. Worth it though. Super excited for you and your family. I cannot wait to see pictures of it once it eventually comes in.

Congrats!!

Rest easy, my friend. You done good...

I’d toss on stern pop up cleats. You added to bow, and with the extended aft deck, I’d want the toe stubbers to be gone, PLUS, you can sit on the side of the deck if you want. Can’t with regular cleats .. well you can but it’s a real pain in the arse. :oops:

I’d toss on stern pop up cleats. You added to bow, and with the extended aft deck, I’d want the toe stubbers to be gone, PLUS, you can sit on the side of the deck if you want. Can’t with regular cleats .. well you can but it’s a real pain in the arse. :oops:

Since we are doing the enclosed aft it doesn't allow you do add the pop-up because the railings are over them. Plan is to sit on the back of the swingback since we will not have the keeper rail there. Definitely some trade-offs each way.

You can see what I'm talking about in this video:

Congrats! i bought the same boat 23 LSB, ordered in Feb '21 took our maiden voyage Aug 7........was told those that placed orders after us may have trouble getting it with any kind of boating season left

Hey everyone,

Here are the specs:

• SPS Package
  • Yamaha F200
  • Standard ladder
  • Rockford PMX 2 upgrade
  • Striker 4 graph
  • In floor storage
  • Bow pop-up cleats
  • Ski tow bar

Congrats! i bought the same boat 23 LSB, ordered in Feb '21 took our maiden voyage Aug 7........was told those that placed orders after us may have trouble getting it with any kind of boating season left. if you havent had delivery yet, hopefully it will be soon!!

Congrats! i bought the same boat 23 LSB, ordered in Feb '21 took our maiden voyage Aug 7........was told those that placed orders after us may have trouble getting it with any kind of boating season left
Crispy, welcome to the family! How about posting some pictures of your new Benny!

Looks good! What speed have you been getting with that F200?

As for getting the boat late in the season, we are in Texas so we have plenty of time. :)

Back