Top Speed Reduction

I have a steel and a brass .(grill brush)

I am going out shortly .If no one calls before .I will call Clint on Monday .

Last edited by a moderator:
The one he's talking about is approx 3" x 5" with the black pad and black handle, no brass or steel.

Like this:
gallery_1200_457_3991.jpg

I remember those now . Mine didn't hold up well on the grill .

If I recall that is more abrasive than a scotchbrite pad 

Was out today for the third time since polishing and putting on the Shark Hide, and there was a fair amount of "scum" and water marks, but it rubbed off WITH MY FINGERTIPS!!!

LOVE the Shark Hide.  The bare toons (before Shark Hide) would have never come clean that easily.  Wow.

Well, I finished the hand scrubbing on the 'toons with a scotchbrite and was able to get back to 34 mph @ just under 5600rpm's.  Between the weather effect, 88F today vs about 61F in March and 'toons not at original condition, I'm satisfied.  I'll just have to wipe them down about 1/month.  For what ever reason, the port side 'toon was noticeably worse with buildup than the starboard and both 'toons had a fair amount of junk right after the lifting strakes stopped in the rear....which sits the lowest in the water.

Is port side towards the sun? That would explain heavier growth. I scrub mine every couple weeks when algae starts growing. The more often you do it, the easier it is. If you let it get thick it takes more elbow grease and time to do it. Takes me roughly 20-30 minutes to scrub 2 toons inside and out.

Semperfi8387,

Since the pontoon stays at a covered marina most of the time, it's protected from the sun.  The only thing that I notice re: why the port side had heavier buildup, is that the port side usually sits closer to the finger on the slip due to water movement.  With our weather warmer and longer, I think I will try to scrub the 'toons down like you do, every couple of weeks, although for being in the water for 10 weeks and this was the first cleaning, I guess it wasn't too bad.

Back