Trailer recommendation

I have a PMI trailer and love it - best trailer I have owned for any of my boats. They are located in Elkhart, IN so probably not too far from you.

How long have you had your PMI trailer? So far they have been one of the least expensive trailers I’ve been quoted, which is not a problem of course. Trying to figure out why. Volume maybe…

I've had mine for 3 yrs now.

I am in Columbus, OH so a couple hours away from Elkhart and had a issue where on the underside of the trailer there was a small section of the frame that was not powder coated. I called them up and told them that I had just bought it, and to my surprise they had one of their own drivers come all the way to my house to trade me out for a new trailer.

I was literally shocked as this was the height of Covid! That alone will keep me coming back to PMI if (or shall I say when) I upgrade to a new boat.

I've had mine for 3 yrs now.

I am in Columbus, OH so a couple hours away from Elkhart and had a issue where on the underside of the trailer there was a small section of the frame that was not powder coated. I called them up and told them that I had just bought it, and to my surprise they had one of their own drivers come all the way to my house to trade me out for a new trailer.

I was literally shocked as this was the height of Covid! That alone will keep me coming back to PMI if (or shall I say when) I upgrade to a new boat.
That is a great example of customer service and quite the recommendation.

One other thing I’m curious about is these boat and motor combinations can easily exceed 3500 lbs plus fuel and a 1,400 lb trailer so roughly a 5K pound package. Maybe a bit more as we go up in model. 99% of what I have seen with trailers is surge brakes. From what I see from outside sources, 3500lbs should be the limit on those. I get that the surge brakes are less fuss for everybody and I use them today on a smaller 3000 lbs setup. I’m sure the answer is, they work fine behind the right tow vehicle. Just has me thinking. Maybe with a dual axle set up and brakes on both axles that gets you 7k in stopping capacity.

Last edited:
I also have a PMI , I really can't say much as it only travels 4 miles twice a year to the dealer and back .

Back