Trailer Specifications

Friar

Reaction score
Team Bennington - A comment in another thread leads me to this question - "Does Bennington have or provide to dealers, trailer specifications for their pontoons?" And more specifically, is there a difference between recommendations for ellipitical versus round pontoons concerning bunks (width of bunks, angles, etc.)

Please go to the Helpful Hints From Bennington forum. The topic "Trailering Specs". Thanks, TB

Last edited:
Most all pontoon/tritoon dealers have their own sources for boat trailers. Some are large factories, and some are smaller regional boat manufacturers. Bennington dealers are experienced in adjusting trailer bunks to handle whatever boat they're putting on that trailer.

It's nice that Bennington publishes the dimensions of their boats--for trailer adjusting purposes. Then, a dealer just has to fine tune the trailer to the given boat.

TB - Thanks for the information; however maybe I did not ask the questions clearly or I am just not understanding the one page .pdf you referred me to in Helpful Hints (is there more than one page of that pdf because I can only download one?).

The first questions concerns the angle between the two bunk boards which support individual pontoons. The angle is somewhere between 90 degrees and something greater than 90 degrees. The questions are "Is there a recommended angle for these boards, what is it, and is there a difference in the recommendation concerning a round tube versus an ellipitcal tube?"

The second question is "Is there a recommended preference concerning the width of bunk boards, specifically are 2x4s better than 2x6, or vice versa, or is it just not relevant?"

Again, maybe I am just not seeing it in the .pdf you referenced; the one page I can download has all the measurements of distances and dimensions of the various pontoon/tritoon setups but does not answer my questions.

"Bamaman" - Everything you say in your response is correct however, what I am trying to determine is how "fine tuned" of a trailer to my given boat I actually received. I suspect I was like a lot of people - excited to get my new Bennington and get it on the water! I bought the whole package - boat, motor, and trailer. On delivery day, I probably spent 95% of the time going over the boat, 4% going over the motor, and 1% going over the trailer. I know now (and have recommended to forum users frequently) that they should spend more time checking the trailer on delivery. In the 2 years I have had my Bennington, of all the problems/situations I have encountered, none have involved the motor, 1% involve the boat, and 99% have involved the trailer :angry:

Back