Trailering tritoon

cdoc315

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 21 SL Tritoon.
It was purchased in a private sale so it did not come from a dealer.
The trailer that was supplied with the boat is a brand-new Venture pontoon trailer.
It has 2 cribs and I wonder if the third pontoon also needs to be supported or if she can safely be trailered with only the 2 cribs supporting the boat.
I understand that there is a kit available to add to support the center toon, but the boat will be very infrequently trailered.
Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to the Bennington party. The 3rd bunk is probably not necessary, but if it were mine, I would add it.

I look at it like this. When a boat is floating, the toons are "pushing" on the floor, thus it is floating. When the toon is dangling in mid air it's doing the opposite of what it is intended to do. Like others have said, you should be fine, but if it were me, I'd support it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, way too much to lose by not having it.

It's worth the price of the center bunk kit!! You have the motor hanging off the center,  plus any fuel or storage in that toon. If it was mine I wouldn't think twice about it.

When the boat and trailer were delivered I never even noticed but as it sat in the driveway, I got to thinking.........

Quite thinking and get that tube supported! ;)  

I agree with adding third bunk.  A lot of weight on that center tube, can't imagine "bouncing" down the road without support

No way I would trailer my tritoon without the middle bunks.

I was told by dealer " If your not bigger than a 150 h.p. and not going far boat should be ok ". Sounds like for the extra cash better safe than sorry.

The center tube bunk kit for my Mid-America trailer was $299, a small price to pay for security.

Back