Trash Hatch on Back of Seat

6kidsurf

Reaction score
Looking to add some sort of a trash hatch / flap on the back of the front bench seat (just as you walk into the boat). Thinking if I added a hatch, the trash can could go inside the seat and not have to constantly flip the seat up to get at the trash - has anyone done this? There are very few "hatches" like the pic below where you just push it in to deposit your trash. Any ideas of help is appreciated.

Trash Flap.pngSeat.png

I have not done this or seen anything like it. However, I love the idea, especially with a nicer push-in trash flap like in your picture. I love the concept. Not sure about cutting into my seat backs and what not. I wouldn’t trust myself to do it and have it come out looking professional. Looking forward to following this thread if you move forward with such a project.

Yeah - my wife is not so sure she trusts me to do it either - she likes the idea of a local professional custom pontoon shop to do it.

Yeah - my wife is not so sure she trusts me to do it either - she likes the idea of a local professional custom pontoon shop to do it.
If you could find a competent professional to do a decent job at a fair price, it’d be a neat and practical alteration.

Last edited:
If you could find a competent professional to do a decent job at a fair price, it’d be a neat and practical alternation.

And their fault and expense if they screw it up … ;):D

Ha! You just reminded me of when we first got our old boat back in 2008. We were anchored in a cove and hanging out at the back of the boat looking forward. I noticed a hinge on the seat in the front. I opened it and discovered the trash can area! The people we bought the boat from never told us about it! Until then we had a trash can in the helm!

Back