Tube Painting for Salt Water

Dave Tampa

Reaction score
Having the tubes on my 2017 22SSBXP bottom painted, and as you likely know, that paint is only for water line and below. My boat is black, and the bottom paint is also black, which leaves me silver colored tube in between bottom and panels. I'd like the entire tube to be black, what a cool look (imho)...but curious as to everyone's thoughts on type of paint, etc...6A1C0892-8FC1-4390-96B6-25ECC187D439.jpeg

I‘d look at vinyl wrap for above waterline. I’m debating on having mine done, as I think black tubes would look sweet.

Having the tubes on my 2017 22SSBXP bottom painted, and as you likely know, that paint is only for water line and below. My boat is black, and the bottom paint is also black, which leaves me silver colored tube in between bottom and panels. I'd like the entire tube to be black, what a cool look (imho)...but curious as to everyone's thoughts on type of paint, etc...View attachment 28851
Dave Tampa, Did you do the Bucs boat parade? Obviously you did the Trump!

Spoke to a guy that I trust, and who I feel is a professional when it comes to wraps. Told me he would be happy to wrap the upper half of my toons, but I’m looking at about $3000 and he did not think it would last more than a year before I saw a lot of bubbling. I’m already in for about 2000 on the bottom paint, and of course you get what you pay for, but I’ll keep on the homework before I invest that much in a vinyl wrap
Dave Tampa, Did you do the Bucs boat parade? Obviously you did the Trump!
was at the parade, but on land. My Benny is on blocks as we speak, having that bottom paint applied...

Back